About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 14 October 2023

Bible Journaling Conference 2023 - DAY TWO

Still buzzing from Day ONE, and today we had 10 Sessions.

Our host started us off by stressing the "putting on" of the Armour. 



The Belt of Truth (not today, probably as we had 2 yesterday!)

The Breastplate of Righteousness - about how our thinking is reflected in our actions and to guard our heart and align our thinking to God's way.

The bees represent the Holy Spirit as they are essential to flowers and that the holy Spirit changes us.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

The Gospel of Peace - How we should be prepared every day.

So many layers to this craft page, loads covered up! We collaged words, white paint over to tone down, water coloured poppies, acrylic paint through stencils, then images on top. 

Bit of a mammoth session. Paint everywhere even seeping through the rings to next page too! Oh my!

Putting on our shoes of peace. 

I copied my soles instead of using them as stamps, couldn't quite bring myself to ink them up!

The Shield of Faith - Believing God for the Breakthrough. 

A very poignant and personal talk.

The Helmet of Salvation - protecting our head and mind.

This was fuss free Bible Journaling with kids. 

It focused on the Hebrew word  זכר - Zakar which means to remember but actively.

Like when Joshua instructed the 12 tribes to take up a stone from the middle of the Jordan and erect a memorial as a sign for future generations.

Remember good things.

The Sword of the Spirit - 

We found out that the Roman soldiers battle sword was usually a two foot dagger however they trained with much bigger heavier swords. 

Meaning we should study with the heavier sword - The whole Bible but use the lighter one in battle as in particular scriptures which concentrated their power.

Praying Always - with a Prayer Journal

At last the way to construct the accordion journal. I even got it wrong watching the video, and had to pause quite a lot. Hope I took enough photos of the process to enable me to repeat it.

The Scripture card was about recording specific scriptures on cards and keeping on a book ring. The "lighter dagger" described above.

I've decided to put mine in the prayer journal and I have quite enough cards on rings (Scripture52 weekly challenge this year - flip through of first 6 months here).
The end of Day 2 and the work space is a lot messier now and where oh where shall I sleep!!! 

Cleared bed and pushed ironing board towards chair for the night....

No comments: