About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 25 October 2023

WOYWW #751 - Surprised!

Gosh, hadn't realised I'd done so much crafting until I had a look at my photos for the last week. 

Got a bit sick of retrieving my box of collage bits and pieces from the floor so my Cuttlebug has moved!

So on the desk are:-

1) One new page in my envelope prayer journal, prayers for Peace, personal peace, that peace of mind despite all the chaos around us peace. Sigh!

2) Two scripture52 cards for week 41 & 42 as I got behind somewhat post conference.

3) Three days worth of the 10-day Bible Journaling challenge, post conference on the Helmet of Salvation.

Day 3's scroll reminding us that our inheritance is waiting for us in heaven, yay happy dance!

Plus not on my desk are the sewing projects I finally got around to.

a) replacing my net curtain which was quite literally in shreds!!! 

b) reducing a quilt cover from king size to single for spare bed, I did it inside out as it was well faded on the right side. It's just a plain navy with check pattern in the weave so all good.

Oh and an anniversary card for my friend.

Happy WOYWW everyone.

8 comments:

Mary Anne said...

So funny - I am the same. I think I have not been as productive as I would like, ten I look at what I've actually done and it's a LOT. Clever idea,cutting down the duvet - I had to do the opposite when we first moved over. The Amrican king bed was so big and I was not easily finding Super King sets (which are still smaller but OK, just not a lot of overhang :D ) Anyway I still have a few where I bought two single duvet sets or a single and a double and tried to sew them together to make a big one! DOH! Love the card - and it reminds me I still need to make a few for my stash. DOH.

Getting visits in early on DDs Birthday!
Mary Anne (3)

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you've tapped into a very inspiring seam in your psyche, the conference and bible journalling and scripture cards have made you prolific, and it's clearly such a pleasure that it makes me happy for you! Great switch with the cuttlebug, from your photo it makes very much sense and will put your collage box at useful hand...without running the risk of it spilling every time you wedge it into another space!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You have been busy! Great idea to scale down the duvet cover, a good piece of recycling. I love that anniversary card too, very classy xx
HUgs LLJ 2 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm always surprised how much you get through in a week, much more than I ever manage to do. I'm definitely into recycling, I hate letting things go if I can find a use for them......maybe that's why our house is full of stuff Lol! Loving the card, someone is going to be very plkeased to receive that. Wishing you a fun woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

Most productive of you BJ. Good idea for repurposing a larger duvet cover into a smaller one. Am enjoying seeing your bible journalling. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Helen said...

I agree with Julia, you have found your niche for crafting and off you go... It's great to see. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done on converting the quilt cover. I hope you kept the old net curtain for embellishments. 😊. It’s lovely when you can look back and think “I did well this week!” Have a great week. Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

Kelly said...

Sneaking in under the wire this week.
Lovely pieces. Amazing how involved we become without realizing how busy we have been. LOL Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #16