About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 4 October 2023

WOYWW - #748 - Acrylic Paints Swatch Card

So I walked into the village to post off my son's old Primary School Uniform to Annie and popped into the local stationary shop to pick up a couple of paints. 

I got a blister on my foot to add to my woes.

Typically I forgot my swatch card and couldn't find a photo of it on my phone so the Pink was new but the Turquoise and Green are jolly similar to what I already had, even though those were Distress Paints. No matter. 

I have a set of little tubes as well, these are just the single purchase ones.

Last Thursday I ended up with the first part of Root Canal Work on my tooth and the second part is tomorrow, with a crown sometime later when it has all settled down. I think it will all cost the best part of a grand! Oh my!

Crafting this week, my #scripture52 card is hanging up on the right, and week 39 marks the end of the 3rd quarter, so on the home straight now. This was all about God's love so I went full on with hearts.

"GOD IS LOVE"

I did my October Bible Journaling Ministries (BJM) page. It is on the Wisdom of Proverbs. Christ in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

BJM are the host of the FREE Bible Journaling Conference which starts next week and looks like there are still places if you are interested. It really is FREE, I did it last year. You get FREE 24hrs access to all the video sessions plus all the associated printables. I do it in American time so 4pm-1am Wednesday - Friday next week. Have hubby on dinner duty, So excited doing the Armour of God this year. Whoop Whoop.

Finally I did the last of the series on 2 Timothy about being ready in season and out. Still have lots of room in my NT Mini Bible, really enjoying the format and space it gives.

Think that was all I got up to whilst dealing with all the tooth trauma and subsequent pain and soreness last week. It's just about settled now but back for more work tomorrow... Eeek!

Happy WOYWW Everyone

13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Ouch BJ. your poor tooth and pocket! Love the latest journalling especially the in season and out. Stay safe and Happy WoYWW. Sarah #?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There's nothing worse than a sore tooth or a root canal. Add to that, a sore foot, and you are really feeling it, I suspect.

Love your scripture card and your Bible journaling.

Sorry to read you forgot your swatch. I hope you can combine a couple of the tube colors and turn them into a new color. No number yet. Guess Julia is sleeping in today.

Lynnecrafts said...

I hope the rest of your dental work goes well BJ, and I hope your tooth feels better. Enjoy your journaling!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15 x

Tracy said...

I loove your excitement at your upcoming bible journaling BJ ⭐️💖💙 shines through your words 🤸💙😍Loving your scripture God is Love ❤️ tooo your October page ... precious they are ⭐️
Too your root treatment .. here's to the treatment working and settling your pain,nothing worse ... the price for treatment is scary 😔 Ouchy toe too ... here's to a better week lovely. Sending love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxxxxx

Christine said...

The first time I heard about the armour of God I was fascinated and spent many a morning putting it on (theoretically) before I went to work at one of my jobs . . .
Hope your manic man, aka the D man, finishes his work soon and you are out of the pain zone
Enjoy your week
Christine #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely that you’re going to get an Annie made Memory Bear! It’s always interesting to see your painting, I did love the colour swatch - why are they so fascinating?! Hope the dental work goes well and without pain xx
Hugs LLJ 10 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Great pages BJ. Hope the dental work in't to painful (though paying that bill has gotta hurt!! Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Just been to the dentist myself! The numbness is starting to wear off and it’s starting to ache a little. When you say you do the Conference American time, you mean you stay up to 1 am? I think I would have fallen asleep by then. I hope the dental work is over quickly with minimum pain. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Helen said...

ouch to tooth pain and the cost! Hope the pain isnt too bad this time. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't think you're the only one that has ended up buying the same thing twise. I try hard not too but it does happen. Wishing you a bvery happy woyww. Hugs Angela x1x

Mary Anne said...

Hopefully last week's dental work is settling a bit. So typical too - did you know we actually don't possess accurate "colour memory"? Which is why we are in a store and think "That'll work" then it doesn't LOL! My MIL the quilter dropped that little fact on me while shopping years ago. Enjoy your new paints!

Happy catch-up of desk-hop day!
Mary Anne (6)

Julia Dunnit said...

Ugh, I think the longest appointment regarding a root canal is over, but it's a bit bruising isn't it, hope you'll recover well over the weekend. Love the pages filled with photos, but hey, it's ok to do the odd single photo layout too, you might like it, and it would make a fun interlude in your album, people would be turning the page looking for the other photos!

Crafting With Jack said...

Yes. I am doing the Conference. I am not quite sure what to expect, but I hope it will be interesting.