About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 18 October 2023

WOYWW #750 - Jet Lag

After 3 days of living in Phoenix Arizona time for the Bible Journaling Conference last week I am still a bit befuddled time wise. Slowly coming round though.

I have blogged each day of the Conference here

Day 1   Day 2  and  Day 3

So this is my desk now. My conference folder still needing a bit of attention plus a bonus printable from one of the speakers.

I actually got to grips with making the accordion book and that is sitting there with some diecuts ready for the cover.

The envelopes were attached on one side of the folds and the bit I hadn't realised was the folds were stuck together on the OTHER side.

One of my favourite techniques only seen and not tried before was the painted string pull. Here are my scrap papers from the process. 

And the other brilliant thing last week was receiving these little darlings from Annie. How cool are they?


Hopefully I'll do better stopping by this week.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Helen said...

I am glad you enjoyed the Bible conference even if it threw you out of kilter time-wise! Love the bears Annie made you. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I tried to keep up with you at the conference. You did a marvelous job.

I've also seen that string art, but never tried it. Yours turned out great.

I saw the bears on Friday at Annie's. They are adorable. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you recover from the 'jet lag' soon BJ. Love those bears and your journalling has been wonderful to see on FB. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

My name is Cindy said...

I'm guessing you attended on line - for one minute I thought you had been globe trotting!! Glad you enjoyed it, I'm sure you'll get over your 'jet lag' much quicker than if you had actually been flying!! Love the string pulls - haven't tried it either (yet) but love the effect. Have a great weel, Love n hugs Cindyxx #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy WOYWW. It was an amazing event, some marvellous speakers and a wonderful amount of free printouts. Angela #13

Neet said...

At first ~i read it as you had been to Phoenix for three days, my eyes are still tired, but realised nobody would fly all that way for three days. Glad you enjoyed the conference so much and got such a lot out of it.
Love the string art which is something I always intended to try but never did. Maybe this morning?
Take care, Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’ve seen string pull art on YouTube and thought it looked like a lot of fun - yours look like Calla Lilies! I’m glad you enjoyed the online class but it’s the first time I’ve heard someone having craft jet lag!!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Glenda said...

So glad you enjoyed the conference! Also I love the painted string pull technique. Just gorgeous!
Happy Wednesday!
Glenda #15

Christine said...

Great post . . pleased you had a good time at your conference.
Your string pulling prints are very good, a technique I want to try myself.
Glad your teddies arrived safely
Christine #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Quick and late for me today. Pleased you enjpyed the conference and loving the teddies. Take care and happy woyww, Angela x14x

Mary Anne said...

Glad you enjoyed your conference, and your teddies are very sweet. Your string-pull art is way better than any I have managed using that technique! Well done - I abandoned it LOL!

Happy day-late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

Julia Dunnit said...

Of course the Annie ears are a delight, bet you're really pleased with them. I love the string pulls, hard to think they are scrap, I thought they look like angels. You must have enjoyed the conference to have decided to adopt Arizona time. Gosh, I loved it there in real life, but not sure you would...it's very hot! Great folder, and glad you go the better of the envelopes and folds!