About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 14 October 2023

Bible Journaling Conference 2023 - DAY ONE

The Armour of God (AOG) Bible Journaling Conference got off to a great start yesterday. 

UK time it started at 4pm and finished after 1am! 

In true WOYWW style here is my desk and ironing board set up. It started pretty tidy....

The Armour of God has a number of facets:-

I'll pop my entries under each item so not in running order.

The introduction covered all parts and was by the conference host. It was easily achievable in the time, just yellow acrylic paint scraped onto the page and the printable items cut and stuck as we liked


The Belt of Truth which is our foundation, holding everything together.

We got a Faith Zine which I tipped-in on my ticket page. We were encouraged to print a number off to give to people.

Only problem is the elephant in the room and the spelling of ARMOR!!! I tried NOT to look and skipped on by.

A second one for the Belt of Truth.

The message being we have:-  

Freedom in Truth 

Safety in Truth

Readiness in Truth


The Breastplate of Righteousness - keeping our eyes on Jesus who will protect our heart and soul. 



The Gospel of Peace - being ready to share the good news with out feet firm and prepared daily.

We were encouraged to make scripture cards to give to people.

This was a digital session but we were supplied with printables as well, which is a good job as I haven't got into digital journaling yet.



The Shield of Faith - The power of God and the unity of believers, deflecting every attack. 




The Helmet of Salvation - protecting our mind.

A session on mental health and standing by others.








The Sword of the Spirit - (didn't have a session on this one specifically today)


Praying Always - covers all.

Thank you Lord for providing all the equipment I need to thwart the evil one.
    Amen



1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Quite a first day. Amazing.