About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 14 October 2023

Bible Journaling Conference 2023 - DAY THREE

Pretty shattered by this point going to bed gone 2am 2 nights in a row, but I don't usually sleep much anyways.

The last day had 9 Sessions, but I only did 6 pages. 

The Belt of Truth - even though this one also was essentially a digital session, there were printables included also, it was a word study on TRUTH.

(The Breastplate of Righteousness  - not today)

The Gospel of Peace - stand firm with your feet planted firmly in the GOSPEL of Peace.

I dedicated this one to all those caught up in the conflict in Israel. Part of the devotional pamphlet had the title "Holy War" which prompted this.

The Shield of Faith 

We learnt that the Roman Soldiers shields were made of wood and covered in leather and were soaked in water before battle which helped with fire arrows!

We must be equipped for the day and know the Word of God.




The Helmet of Salvation - protecting our mind, being actively in control of our thoughts, "take every thought captive" as from them come our actions.

Pray over our thoughts

Perceive which thoughts are from God and which aren't

Pull out the weeds and plant new thoughts

Promote Biblical thought patterns

Blessed Assurance of Salvation.

Knowing WHO YOU ARE IN CHRIST - your identity, affirmations.

Mental Health, Battlefield of the mind.

Loved this string pull craft. Seen it before but never actually tried it. I was like a kid in kindergarten. The scrap papers are brill too.


The Sword of the Spirit - The only offensive piece of the armour.  

God's Word is true, powerful, consistent and trustworthy. 

It empowers us.

This was a tip-in for your Bible using washi tape and scrapbook paper.

I doodled on the inside and then noticed I'd actually made a stylized sword!! 

How cool is that! Especially as I was flagging by this point.


Prayer  - The last session was about making Pretty Prayer Cards and was essentially digital although I did have a printout. Thought I'd do them in my own time and put in my Prayer Journal which I made yesterday.

As so to my desk the following morning (I'd tidied away during the Facebook Live recap at 1am).

What a fantastic time, and all FREE. Hubby even made dinners for me which I slotted in just about. Looking forward to next year now.

And breathe.....

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I tried to keep up, but you did SO much each day it was hard to tell where to begin and end. I'm so glad you enjoyed this and created some awesome art, too.

Crafting With Jack said...

You did an amazing amount of artwork. It was indeed a very enjoyable three days.