About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, DΓ©copatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 27 September 2023

WOYWW - #747 - Whoosh...

If my life were an airplane, 747 - Whoosh indeed.

BIG APOLOGIES for not getting round to everyone last week.....

Our son came for a visit including dentist check-up, me giving him a haircut, us playing badminton and then getting his car serviced/MOT so a full on time. 

He also played Chess with his Dad and Backgammon with me. I did break out the Cribbage but he's not there yet! 

We also rummaged in someone's hedge before 9am trying to find a cache which had disappeared.

So to the desk, it's got my latest #scripture52 card and Bible Journaling entries, plus my plan for a couple of Memory Bears by Annie - still need to launder the clothes I found in the loft....

Turn 180 degrees and there's my son's old easel with all the paintings which makes me happy clipped to it. 

Was playing around with watercolour leaf shapes Monday. Think I much prefer watercolours.

I did do yet another mini workshop, this time multimedia! In which I made a series of 4 5"x 5" pieces on the colour green.

Before which I actually stuck down my January 2023 scrapbook pages. 

How many photos can I get on 2 12x12 sheets?!? All but one of the photos for January had been for geoccaching (much happier out in the cold - LOL) so I lumped them all together. 

The single photo of me doing my hanging baskets might have to be slipped in between the pages now.

Here's the back of my scripture card, I used up some of the green things I had left over from the workshop. I found a printable with a sheep too which ticked the box for this scripture.

And last but certainly not least the reason I was otherwise engaged last week.

PS My dental check-up found a cavity and I booked an appointment to have it filled (they didn't have a suitable one till the end of November). Well Sunday night I bit my tongue quite badly on the right and then Monday half the tooth on the left, which needs the filling, broke off in my mouth. It's all jagged and now my tongue is sore on the left too. Fortunately I managed to get a cancellation appointment for tomorrow, but I will probably need a crown, so that could take a few appointments. Ho Hum.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

14 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh your poor tongue! I hope everything goes well at the dentist. I have a visit booked for the 4th October. Lots of lovely work on display today. Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

Helen said...

Good that you had an unexpected visit from your son to get his chores done, desk visits could definitely take a back seat. Shame about your tooth, hope that the appointment goes ok to fix it. Great watercolours and scrapbook pages. Happy WOYWW Helen #5

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your desk is filled with color and I love the watercolors all together. Nice double spread of geocaching. So good to see your son home and you so happy. Sorry to read about your tooth, though. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Sarah Brennan said...

Ouch BJ. Glad you managed to get a cancellation for the dentist. Hope it doesn't get too expensive. Love the art work. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's not easy these days trying to get an appointment for the dentist and when you do get it they charge a fortune but what else can you do! Hope it gets sorted soon. Lovely to see you both together. Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Marit said...

I very much like the green pieces, awesome! And I love the photo of you and your son. Sorry to hear about your tooth and tongue, good luck getting it repaired. Big hug from the Netherlands, Marit #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great pic of you and your boy! Perfect for scrapping another time - your LOs are fun, I do enjoy looking at how you’ve layered them up. Sorry about your dental woes though, hope they help at your appt tomorrow.
HUgs LLJ 7 xx

Christine said...

What super photos of you geocaching . . and your son . . . so pleased you could spend some time together.
I wont mention the d word just say that I sympathise with you . . .
Have a good week
Christine #20

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi BJ, I've spotted you in some of the FB groups - it's always lovely to see a familiar face! What a lovely photo of you and your son - my wouldn't let me take a photo of him - still at that awkward teenage stage! Looks like you've been super creative! Have a lovely week and perhaps I will see you in other creative circles! xx zsuzsa #22

Lynnecrafts said...

Sorry you’re having pain with your teeth and mouth. Hope they get sorted soon. Your watercolours are beautiful.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 x

Twiglet said...

Lovely photo of you both BJ. Your greens are fab - a really great project. I wish I could do multi media stuff but my work ends up a complete mess. I will stick to fabrics. X x Jo

Spyder said...

Lovely photos and scrap page. oho not so good on the tooth though. My denist usually emails me to make an appointment but hasn't done that since before covid!...I guess he's probaly sending emails to hubby's phone....that's been off line for over a year, but you'd think they'd still send me an email.... anyway...knowing even a check up costs an arm and a leg plus VAT I'm not too bothered! Have a great week Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn)) #15

Tracy said...

Beautiful photo with you both BJ,can see the love you have for each other shining through πŸ€—πŸ’– Hoping your mouth is settling down after the first treatment 🀞 and all is well with your bloods. Your desk as always a feast for the eyes ... I'm sooooo in love with your, greens πŸ’š those for are absolutely beautiful with the words keeking through ⭐️The easel is a fab idea to hold your work in place,beautiful inspiration 😍 From happy days with your son ... to scrabook layouts,scripture and multi media art ... joy in the visiting BJ. Thank you so much for stopping by πŸ’– have you found any notes from your son yet 😊 Kane arrved in the wee hours on Friday in Japan with his girlfriend arriving a little later ... we can breathe easier now 😘 Sending much love and hugs your way,sorry I'm so late. Tracy #19 xxxxx

Mary Anne said...

Ouch! I did someh6ting very similar many years ago and the dentist made me a tooth from something. No idea how or any specifics, but I live in fear it will fall apart one day...Love the little grid of green. So pretty! I wonder if that was the Laly Mille one? I've saved the classes but not yet actually done them - with Fodder School AND the Roben's Nest I just have not had the time! I do love it tho'

Happy, so very late, WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)