About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 20 September 2023

WOYWW #746 - Oh My Life!

I've been printing all the stuff off for the FREE Bible Journaling Conference 11th-13th October 2023.

One session had some "instructions" for an art journal made with an accordion spine and envelopes. Thought I'd have a go but came unstuck at the bit where it said, 
"stick the envelopes to the spine AS PER DEMONSTRATION IN THE TALK". 
Got into a right pickle, tried googling but couldn't find anything similar so I've prized it all apart and filed the bits for now! Hmmmm.


Was actually doing this ON TOP for my January scrapbook pages which are under the white 12x12 card. Total pickle.

Have done another painting in my Mini Bible, not a fan of people painting.

My scripture card this week featured some more "fodder" I made the other night out of previously painted scrap paper. Found the mini feather whilst out geocaching on Friday.

Had my gynaecology follow-up appointment at last. Had a different consultant this time as I'd raised some concerns about the previous one. The consultation couldn't have been more different, such a relief as I'd been quite stressed out about it all. 

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are more comfortable with the new consultant BJ. Some great pages again this week. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of those instructions somehow. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

You may not be a fan of people painting but you have made a darned good job of it, it's wonderful.
How annoying to get so far with the book and then have to stop - why didn't they do a quick video for you to watch.
~Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Christine said...

You may not be a fan but you're very good, great painting.

Have a good week
Christine #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think your painting is really good especially the Willing Worker, she looks great as do the fungi as well. Watercolour is a tricky medium and I think you’ve got the knack. Re Cribbage, there are some apps that you can play against which are ok if no-one else plays in your house. And the 20 mph is ridiculous, absolutely fine on estates or smaller roads but on main roads?? Crazy. The petition calling for it to be rescinded is now 275,000 so the politicians should take notice of it or they’ll be voted out next election!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh fun a fun post, I've been going to try the accordion style journal, not enoght time in the day for all that runs thru my mind. It's good to get 2nd opinions, I google so many health methods and rarely use a Doctor, no meds
Enjoy a great week

Julia Dunnit said...

Pleased to read that 'they' heard your concerns and provided a different consultant, reassuring and I hope, positive. Like the willing worker painting, frustrated for you about the envelopes, it's such a waste of time isn't it, and amused if not a little pleased to know that you're working on layers of stuff...at least you've separated it with a sheet of 12x12, I usually end up using the LO as a work mat!

Mary Anne said...

What a disappointment you couldn't get all the info you needed. That sucks. Oh well, I bet you could find some other accordion spine that would work as well. I used to love cribbage! Been years since I played so will look for the app mentioned in another comment! And I like your painting very much :D

Happy, if wet and miserable, WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Tracy said...

So glad your appointment went better with a different consultant BJ, hope it helped 🙏 Your mini bible journal entry ... looooove it,you may not be a fan of painting people ... but yooou rocked it, blooming beautiful it is ❤️⭐️ I hope you find out how to put your accordion together..Take care lovely,big hugs and love Tracy #14 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

I am glad your appointment went well and I hope you are feeling less stressed now. I have not had any emails about the Bible conference so I have reapplied. Great painting. Angela #10

Helen said...

Glad the new consultant was more sympathetic and made you feel less stressed. Great Bible painting pages. Just playing catch up with desks! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, I've used envelopes to make mini journals before but not sure how it's telling you to mount them but there are all kinds of ways that you can do it. Hope you sort them soon. Pleased to hear the appointment went well too. Enjoy your crafty woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x