About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 13 September 2023

WOYWW #745 - Watercolour & Acrylic

So lots more painting...

Watercolours and Acrylics.

I did a freebie 3 day watercolour taster course which was fun, and I was totally engrossed in the process.

Loved the leaves but not too bothered by painting a panda really.

I did my own abstract on Saturday - such was the heat I did it in my bikini (maybe that's what was missing in the Joy sessions!).

Landscape and Botanicals seem to be my thing.


I saw a colour swatch page which I liked so I did one too. 

Not totally happy with trying to mix my own colours so used "Seedless Preserves" Distress Paint and "Pale Olive" from a tube -  I know not from where it came!

I watched a few other Acrylic/Abstract videos from another teacher and did my own thing again using up the paint I had left over. Did Posca paint accents.

Think I might be getting somewhere...


My Vine got covered in "grapes" at church. 

We each wrote a scripture or encouragement and stuck it on.

Later in the service we were encouraged to take a grape which appealed to us.




I did my Scripture52 - Week 36 card.

Love the acetate butterfly which I added stickles to.



I started another Bible Journaling series on 2 Timothy with Amanda @ Devotion in Action. 

I needed to use my new mini bible as I didn't have enough room in my other one.

So full circle: watercolour, acrylic and back to watercolour. Maybe I ought to get back to my scrapping  now - LOL.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

20 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Lots to see and admire today. Your panda is cute, love the colours in your landscape, great Bible art as usual x Angela #4

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your panda is lovely. Far better than anything I could do. I LOVE that abstract. I guess I missed the watercolor taster series.

I like your color swatches. I think it's fun to mix my own colors. The paints you chose were already mixed, so it's hard to mix when you already have a mixed color. Still, I enjoyed your color art and your other abstract painting with the posca pens.

Nice to see how the church put your vine to such great use. Happy WOYWW from # 3 or 2.

BTW, I was thinking of you when I created my own post tonight.


Crafting With Jack said...

I meant to ask if you came across the term “Imprecatory Psalms” when you you were studying the Psalms?

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the variety on display today BJ. That paint mixing was a great success - love the colours. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Helen said...

I love your abstracts - the colours you chose are gorgeous together. the panda is great too. Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Tracy said...

BJ you are a source of such inspiration 💕 you never fail to inspire ⭐️ always on the go 🤸 I'm so sorry I didn't get around last week so I'm catching up 🤸 on your other post as well 😘 Me oh my you may not have been keen on the course but look at what you created then and for today 🎨 whoot whoot mrs 🥰 plus the watercolour course 🎨 just look at that panda 🐼 to finding your style with abstracts and the posca pen 😍 as always you are a joy to visit to see your art and journaling 💕 Have a wonderful week,much love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxx

Anne said...

Hi BJ. Great projects. I only just found your comment from last week, thank you. Anne x 13

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Crafting in your bikini eh?! Probably the bes5 thing to do in those unbearable temps and it wouldn’t matter if you got paint over you, lol! I do like your various pieces, the acrylic is great with the Posca highlights and I do like your panda too!
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ these are brilliant, you've been having so much fun with the colours. Abstract is a great way to play it' gives you so much freedom to try things out. Happy creative woyww, Angela x14x

Christine said...

Very interesting post today. you have been busy, love all the painting . . . great colours.
I haven't forgotten about sending you the leftover papers, just found them again this week
Don't think it will be bikini weather this week but enjoy it anyway
Christine #18

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi BJ, your panda’s cute and there are lots of lovely paintings.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 17 x

Lindart said...

I do think you are getting somewhere! I love that purple painting! I also love the swatches, the colours are gorgeous. I like watercolours, I use them everyday, but not for making "paintings". They make wonderful backgrounds for my collages! I like the grapevine idea, and taking the grape that "talks" to you! Have a great week, Lindart #20

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. So much wonderful painting. I love them all. Ali x #19

Annie said...

I love all your paintings...what talent.
I'm very late calling round today but I'm not sorry because we have had a very special day making memories with little Louie...and no sewing was done at all.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure if you remember from the color theory class, but there is an orange red and a blue red. They will determine the purple you want. Use a full spectrum light if you are unsure which is which on the color spectrum. Not sure that will help you get the purple you are looking for, but it might get you closer.

Twiglet said...

Well done on your acrylic artwork. A great idea to paint in your bikini. I get paint all over me when I dabble.🤣🤣

Neet said...

Well, now you have the solution - if ever you get the feeling that Mr Mojo has gone - just don your bikini. Seems to work for you and you have produced some really pleasing abstract paintings. Can understand you getting a lot of joy from the leaves but less from the panda. Animals are difficult to replicate with their fur.
Hugs, Neet 16 xx

Mary Anne said...

Love the colour combo and I love a free class, but I would have skipped BOTH the panda and the bikini LOL!!

Happy lovely day late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

rose said...

I love color play, and haven't done it in a long tome, so your swatch page is inspiring. Thanks for that.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that colour swatch - lovely colours together! A bit late but Happy WOYWW! Susan #7