About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 6 September 2023

WOYWW #744 - Paint City


Paint City indeed, slightly expanded my crafty space with my son's easel extracted from the loft, set up behind me! Got all my new paints and stuff out on my desk too.

NOTE: Curtains closed against the heat and one of my fans on, I really can't cope with any heat above 20C.

Painting Taster Course "Find Your Joy". I was really excited before Lesson 1, but felt like a total damp squid afterwards, as I didn't like what I ended up with (A2 size). Certainly no Joy there.

Managed to cheer myself up the next day by following our very own Angela's masterboard instructions and doing something I actually liked (A3 size).

Lesson 2 stumped me for a subject but God had a plan....as I was asked to do a Vine for church next week, so I did that. 3 flip chart size sheets of paper, mixed my own green and brown in acrylics. 



I played with the left over paint in true Fodder Challenge Style. 

Seems I am taking something from these freebie courses, so that's a positive.

I tried the bonus activity of colour mixing, and really enjoyed that. 



Tried to use up the paints as I made them and ended up with a splodge I didn't like, although the brush cleaning on scraps I did like. Oh my life.











Lesson 3 was to make an ugly painting, seems I excel in that and really enjoyed splodging the paint and making a mess. 

Maybe I need to revisit this stage of childhood, don't ever remember painting in a mess as a child! Our son did, albeit only at home as he wouldn't get in a mess at preschool. Had school remark that he didn't like painting but I knew otherwise. Hmmm???

I have signed up for the FREE Bible Journaling Conference again this year. And I made a journal page with the ticket.

I also did the September journaling page.

And of course my last Scripture card for August.

Oh and that last scrapbook page of 2022. A bigger version of the mini one.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.




12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I left a long comment and it went away just as I was trying to publish. GRRR!

You may not like that first set of Joy prints, but I sure do. I think they are wonderful. I love the colors and the different designs. I like them better than Angela's Masterboard.

How nice you were able to make that vine and even better that you are learning how to mix colors to create just the colors you want each time. That can be so helpful. Loved the scrapbook page and the scripture card, too. Happy WOYWW from # 5.



Helen said...

I;d be able to make ugly art too! I hope you enjoy the rest of the lessons. You've certainly been productive although i can guess maybe this week will be less so. Happy WoyWW Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Love your masterboards BJ. Looks like you are having a blast with these courses. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Bj I am so pleased you enjoyed the Masterboard. I still haven't had time to have a look at the course. I have no idea where I originally got the idea for the Masterboard and it's coincidence that they are doing the same technique right now but good for you obviously. I have just started something similar but hope it will have a Christmas theme. Have a great woyww. Hugs, Angela x15x

Christine said...

Weird how our paintings don't turn out like we thought. At least you can continue to paint on them and turn them into something that you like, it will strengthen the paper as well!!
I am lucky in that the back of my house faces south so the front faces north and is always cool . . . .
Take care
Christine #16

Mary Anne said...

Ah more lovely squares. I am peeping glimpses while trying to avert my eyes LOL! I viw I will NOT sign up for one more thing this year! But oh it does look fun...and yes Angela's masterboard instructions are fab and your's is beautiful.

Happy sunny WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi BJ, I like both your “square” paintings and lovely journal pages. You have done a lot this week. It seems cooler this morning so that will be better for you. X Angela #3

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your master boards and I’m glad you’re enjoying your painting course
Take care and have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2xx

Kelly said...

Good morning, BJ.
My but you've been busy. Don't worry about the pages you don't like. Cut them up and use them in smaller pieces. They make great backgrounds for adding other things and often times, in smaller pieces they are more beautiful than you first thought. Enjoy your conference. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #19

My name is Cindy said...

Wow look at you getting all messy and creative!! Sounds like you are having a blast and hopefully learning lots of new things. I had to chuckle at the excelling at making an ugly painting (?define ugly?). Just chop it up, I am always amazed how different a hot mess can look with some judicious pruning. Hope you continue to have fun, taking time to play is a joy in itself. Hope you have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #17

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What a great workspace.. and creative works!

Julia Dunnit said...

I think you need to step back from the joy prints for a while. They’re great, pretty sure you’ll find them very useful. I’m not surprised that you like Angela’s master board instructions, she’s a very modest genius isnt she! Makes me laugh about your son not wanting to be messy at school…I wonder if that was because ‘proper’ clean up wouldn’t happen till he got home. Certainly one of the reasons my little girl wasn’t keen!!