About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 30 August 2023

WOYWW #743 - Hobbycraft

Hi everyone, I made it to Hobbycraft yesterday. Good job my car, despite being circa 2007, is ULEZ compliant as I ventured into Croydon! Eeeeekk! We live just on the border of various London Boroughs which will be quite difficult for some.

Anyway to the desk, with the pile of new stuff ready for the "Find Your Joy" Free online painting course I start tomorrow.

I have tasked myself to finish scrapping 2022 before the painting course, so there's a 12"/12" paper I am creating for my last page for 2022. 

The other scrapbook pages for December include a Wintery walk and my nativity angel costume.


Son's birthday call to us and more walking - brrrrrr.

Boxing day at my son's in Cambridge where we met his girlfriend, shame they have since split up, she is lovely.


I have just framed one of my son's graduation photos with a bit of scrapping as the photo is phone shape! 

And last but not least my scripture card.

Got my peg stamps out and used some gifted diecuts too.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.




14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was going to sign up for that class, but the one she sent me required a credit card and it was for30 days. I like this one better. Just sign up for a week.

Love your scrapbook pages. They and your son's graduation photo are great. Nice save on his photo, too.

LOVE your diecut cards, That wheelbarrow is beautiful and I love the gloves and clippers in the other one. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done BJ, finishing last years scrapping pictures is very impressive...good grief, you might actually catch yourself up! Love what you did with the grad photo, good idea!

Neet said...

Congrats on your catch up scrapping and good luck with the painting class. I never see these things but guess at the moment I don't have much time either.
Your sscripture card is lovely, as always, and I like the way you mounted the photo of your son's graduation.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

Glenda said...

I think you will love the painting class. I tried a bit of painting long ago and found although I loved playing in the paint, I had no talent for it at all. LOL!
Glenda #18

Helen said...

Hope you enjoy the painting class. Glad you're ulez
compliant. We've got a girl living in Banstead who isn't and it's causing her problems getting to the office which is just over the border . Great scrapping . Helen #2

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely journal pages, BJ. Glad you’re not affected by the ULEZ expansion. I had to retire early because central London pollution was exacerbating my asthma, but I do think better scrappage grants should be available.
Good luck with your painting course
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 5 x

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done BJ for finishing 2022. Is all that stuff for the painting course? I don’t know what ULEZ stands for, but we are far from London so I don’t have to worry (yet!). A lot of people will have to change their cars or just not go! Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

Mary Anne said...

I do not DARE do another class so am willfully ignoring all the temptation that comes every WOYWW!! Glad you liked the Fodder Keeper. Honestly, I made one just from visuals I saw online and it was pretty close to the original, but I actually added some things I liked alot that were my own, so stretch yourself and you may be surprised with what you come up with. And share, cause I will be very curious :D Love the scrapping and especially the graduation photo!!

Happy desk-hop day!
Mary Anne (4)

My name is Cindy said...

Hi BJ great work as always/ Have fun with your class, envious of people organised enough to find the time but I do watch a lot of videos. I don't find much to interest me in Hobbycraft any more, weird as I used to be there every week as it's only 5 minutes down the road in the car. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #14

Tracy said...

Whooot whooot BJ ⭐️ yoooou did it,you got your last 2022 scrap page completed ❤️😍🥰🤩⭐️fantastic pages ❤️ love your scripture card 🙏you are amazing ⭐️ Wishing you much joy with your new stash for the course. Much love and hugs Tracy #13 xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We've just checked in at the hotel at Matlock but arrived early so went up to the Heights of Abraham and down one of the mines. We have a while before dinner so thought I'd catch up with some of the desks. I saw that on the news yesterday about them extending the charges. Good job we don't live there as my MG is 50 years old though I don't go out in it too often. Have fun with the course. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Lindart said...

Hi BJ! Those are lovely scrapbook pages, lots of nice memories. What a great name for a painting class, I hope you enjoy it! Have a great week, Lindart #22

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I feel sorry for those people who work in and out of the ULEZ zone but can’t afford either the charges or the cost of replacing their car - apparently night workers at Heathrow are particularly badly hit. You’ve done very well with catching up with all your pics, I like the way you picked up on the blues in your son’s graduation pic!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Kelly said...

Good morning, BJ
Love the scrapbook layouts. I am soo far behind in scrapping. Just so many things I enjoy doing.
Sorry to hear about the split up but if it's meant to be, they'll be okay.
Creative Blessings! Kelly #21