About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 2 August 2023

WOYWW #739 - Painting & Happy Mail

Oh my what a week! Think you might need a cuppa for this one!

Still struggling with a sore throat after 12 days of it, even broke out the paracetamol last night (very unusual for me). 

Not being up to my usual activities of dancing, badminton, gardening, cooking or housework, I have been able to sit a while at my craft desk.

I got the acrylics out and had some fun making backing papers, plus sorting my paint stash drawer as they hadn't seen the light of day for YEARS!

Been watching lots of reels on Facebook and the cats came from one of those. Really quite satisfying and amazing at the same time.

I did actually make a card from all my play time!

I also made a couple of journal pages using pieces from all the fodder challenge days. 

I used fodder on a scrapbook layout too. 

Whoop! whoop! 

There is a certain satisfaction knowing I'd made the embellishments myself.

My last lot of printed photos are a bit sad, I went to the funeral of an acquaintance from dancing, last November and I used the time at the crematorium to go and see the plaque for my son's friend.

The plaid backing is a reminder of his "Funky Shirts".

The metal benches seem to be a "thing" these days.

Then there's my scripture card.

Oh and I did some watercolour play too. 

The backing paper of this card with some stamping, plus some spare papers like the acrylic ones above.

I followed an on line tutorial, by Diane Antone

Pretty pleased with this one.

I seem to have signed up for a number of FREE courses/classes/tutorials. Most are watercolour and one is Modern Brush Calligraphy and that was only as I wondered how to use the Fudenosuke pens I bought ages ago....

And so to my happy mail. 


First I got my replacement ATC from Angela plus some extra bits and bobs, I love my little "Wonky House", thank you Angela.

Then I got my giveaway prize. A precious little Pocket Journaling Bible of the New Testament NIV version, plus a stencil all the way from Jamaica. I also got a gift card for the online printables so have got those as well. Super pleased.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

13 comments:

Helen said...

I am sorry you're still poorly, but you have been very busy at your craft desk! Your layouts look fantastic and whilst the subject of the second one may be sad, it's a lovely memory. Happy WOYWW and get better soon! Helen #2

Mary Anne said...

So sorry to hear about your throat. Hope you are feeling better soon. Otherwise, can't pick what to comment on first - such a wealth of loveliness here. The backgrounds, the free class glimpses, the layouts and journal pages... all just so inspiring. Lovely visit and the cats? a bonus!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about the throught but talk about productive, well done. I am loving the journal pages, great way to use up mthe leftover bits of card and stuff. The kitties are a delight. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m sorry youv’e been poorly but you seem to have hit a creative streak. Your painting is great, love the cats (I had a fabric very similar to that!) and your Diane Antone minis are lovely too. She’s a really good teacher, keeps things simple but achievable. I like Ellen Criminal Trent too, no nonsense!
I love the word pili pala too, fun to say!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Neet said...

Hoper the throat heals quickly.
My words you have been productive, especially love the Journal pages.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh, nice prize, can see you enjoying that. I agree about making the embellishments on your scrapbook pages, and I think of you get nothing else from the fodder challenge, it will set your mind in that direction. I make them up with odd alphas and scraps of course, but not often...mostly when a page needs something and I don't know what!! I think the RBL have done a great job of helping towns and communities remember their war dead with a nice and useful bench, I like to see them.

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry you're not feeling well BJ. You have still been amazingly productive though. Great projects! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Lynnecrafts said...

Sorry you’re still poorly - you’ve been very productive though. I like the cats especially- I have a bag from Jan that looks very similar.
Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Christine said...

Sorry about to hear your throat is still sore but a great excuse to sit and play and play you have! Great to be able to use up your fodder.
Have a creative week
Christine #18

Crafting With Jack said...

Lots of low creative work today. I love those watercolours you did from a tutorial . 4 hope you feel better soon and I am glad my ATC arrived at last. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I meant to stop by earlier today, but life got in the way. I didn't play this week because I am hosting my own link party and didn't want to confuse anyone. Congrats on your win and I LOVE the fodder journal pages. See you next Wednesday.

Anne said...

An amazing output BJ. Hope the throat is soon better.
Anne x 17

Kyla said...

ooh hope your throat is a bit better and pleased you at least managed to get some crafting in too. Sorting out the paints, ah that is something I do need to finish too at some point!
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla