About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 16 August 2023

WOYWW #741 - Scrapping & Bible Journaling

So here's a wider shot of my desk, it doesn't show all the stuff laid out on the foot of my bed whilst scrapping was in full swing...

Not a huge desk you must agree, but I seem to manage.

So yes the 175 photos arrived last week and I got to work. A couple were added to a previous page as an A4 sheet tucked behind the main one with a ribbon poking out. I have done the same with some new ones too in my day to day 12x12 albums.

I did 3 pages in my 8x8 family year book for 2022. 

Our son's graduation in July.

When he left home and us visiting for Easter also him visiting in early December.

It's a really manageable size album and goes back to my pre-scrapping days from when we got married in 1998.

I then did the 2022 General Christmas page in my 12x12. I used the same Basic Grey paper (I had 3 the same) and used up bits of the cut up one for the embellishments.


I did another page in my Mini Bible.

Then a journal page from the prompt of what we have felt like over the past week, which inspired me to do a similar page actually in my little bible and also a tag from the fodder challenge mini book.

Feeling Broken as still not completely recovered from the virus and now hurt my back AGAIN. But I'm not crushed as Jesus is holding me firm.

I covered an A4 note Journal. (Fodder school method using pre-handmade papers)

I used up lots of spare die cut letters as a border. There's a similar green one on the inside front cover and red in the back.

Doodled with Posca pens (see end)

I've used up bits from various projects for the back of next weeks scripture52 card. Stamp whilst sorting another drawer out too.

And I did this weeks scripture52 card.


And last but not least I treated myself to some Posca Pens from Asda. Saw them last year but resisted. (School stuff only available this time of year). Did ponder the pastels or brights but guess what it is shopping day today so you never know what will jump into my basket.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, BJ you have been productive.. some great layouts and I love that you work in different albums of different sizes. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once you got all those photos back, you went to town. It took you no time at all to make those pages.

Love the pages you made using ideas from fodder school. I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those Posca pens. I must save to get a few next year. I think my yearly budget is used up this year. Happy WOYWW from # 6.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I don’t normally go into Asda but may have to now, those Posca pens look great and I love them on the black. Well doen on starting straight away on those photos, your LOs are pleasing. Hope you pick up soon, sending hugs.
LLJ 1 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a tiny desk BJ but it doesn't stop you making beautiful things. You do so much I think you mustn't sleep Lol! Wishing you a very happy and creative day. Hugs, Angela x15x

Tracy said...

Hello BJ 🤗 stepping back in to say hello, I'm so sorry it's been a while. Your desk may be tiny but your creating is mighty impressive and inspiring 💕⭐️ look at all you've achieved ⭐️ each one so very special, filled with memories 📷 you're a marvel!Sending wishes for you to feel much better, take away the pain 🙏 much love with gentle hugs winging your way Tracy #14 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Fabulous pages - glad all your photos arrived and you were able to continue with all your albums BJ. Those pens are brilliant too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #16

Glenda said...

You have been quite busy! I used to scrapbook long ago but I'm not good at it and what a mess I had in my space. Every surface was piled high and the finished product was not that great. Your pages are wonderful!
Glenda #18

My name is Cindy said...

Wow, that's a lot of creativity right there - what a busy week you have had! Happy WOYWW, have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #9

Lynnecrafts said...

That’s a lot of lovely memories you’ve put together , BJ. You’ve had a productive week. Hope you feel better soon
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 x

Annie said...

Wow you have been sooooo busy...how many hours are in your day? Such a lot of lovely things made too.
Hugs,
Annie x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my! You have had a creative time. I love your memory pages and the fodder school journal cover. I love Posca pens. Chrisx #21

Mary Anne said...

Dealing with aging-parent health issues yesterday so a bit late. Lovely to see so much scrapping and in so many varied albums. I do miss it sometimes, but suspect I won't take it up unless a grand-baby appears...one day!

Happy late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, you're on it! Want a busy craft week you've had, and very successful too, everything is lovely. Love the idea that you had plenty to say and show that required tucked in pages behind the scrapbook page, what a great life! I'm sorry that your back is niggling and the virus won't shift..be patient and kind to yourself!

Neet said...

uch a lot of work - and I love all the work in your mini bible. Great luse of bits from various projects for thme back of your scripture cards - they are lovely.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Robyn said...

thanks for the inspiration- I havent done any scrapbooking, tho I wonder if I put the bible on my desk some ink could find its way inside! Robyn 4