About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 January 2024

WOYWW #765 - JJJ finishes today

Gosh I've had a ball doing Junk Journal January and today is the last day. 

Pondering doing February in the notebook I made at my mate's Hen-do, we'll see... 

I have the bits out to do my day 30 page on my desk last night but the videos don't drop till 6pm which is dinner time here and then dancing....

I really liked Day 25 - Ombré. I followed the watercolour example on the left and did inks on the right. Even got out my Dymo for the wording, had forgotten about that one.

And Day 28 - Grunge. Got my oil pastels out for the first time and used one of the windows from an old envelope as a pocket (didn't want to cover all the music paper I had as the page). 



Also on my desk is my Faith Journal I've done the Faith Inspirations catch-up for November and December, so all ready February now.

I fell for my first Temu order! Mainly for a fascinator for my mate's wedding next Wednesday but I added a few journaling bits and bobs too.  Oh my, worth the week's wait on delivery...

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Fab journal pages BJ. Love the latest stash also - will come in useful as I have found too. Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #2

Neet said...

Ive been happy with Temu orders to date even though I know its wrong to be buying in this way. I try to even it out though and do a purchase elsewhere to make up. Obviously my stamps all come at top price so that vindicates if for me.
Love the Faith Journal, two gorgeous pages there. And I like the idea of a grunge page, and an Ombre page. If I was crafting at the moment I think you would sour me on to have themed pages for techniques.
Have a good day/week Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Working with the journal prompts is a great idea and what brilliant results too. I must have a look at this later, thanks for the link. Have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Wow that's an achievement, I'm glad to hear you have found JJJ so inspiring! I also love your Nov/Dec pages - very funky! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Great pages. I am looking forward to the new February Faith Inspirations. I do like the wavy design and the colours you used. Some of the things I ordered from Temu were a lot smaller than I thought they would be - I must pay attention to sizes! Happy WOYWW Angela #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Interesting to see your JJJ pages, they’re all so very different, I like them very much indeed. Glad you had fun making them. You had fun with the Temu order, lots to keep you busy there!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Spyder said...

oh yes, i may have to look up the junk journaling yuutube video, maybe if I can follow something I might get some thing done! Will check it out! Have a great WOYWW week, stay safe! ((Lyn)) #16

Spyder said...

Ps....I too have become a Temu addict. I do buy from else where too, but often temu goodies arrive faster than something I order from this country....!

Chana Malkah said...

Your pages are amazing! I went over to the JJJ YouTube and I may just give it a try. I don't Journal, so maybe I will use the January pages as my practice! Thanks for the link.

I am on a craft budget for all of 2024, but in December, I found a lot of great stuff on Temu and it did not hurt my budget. Please show photos of your fascinator.


Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Helen said...

That's a great pile of new stash! Loving all your journal pages. Am determined to keep crafting regularly this year, even if work gets in the way¬ Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Lisa-Jane said...

Sorry for the late visit! I love the idea of a collage a day. When my room is back together I definitely want to give the grids a go. I'm a sucker for music paper too and your envelope idea is fab! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10

Mary Anne said...

OMG! So late.

I love your pages every week, And you are the 2nd person to mention a Temu haul - I have to go back to the other person to find out how to locate the things she shared cause they looked fun. Not managed JJJ although I have made a page or two so that is good for me and will have to do. Can't believe it is WOYWW tomorrow again. Yikes.
Mary Anne (4)