About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 January 2024

WOYWW #761 - Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone. 

Just have to say it; Crafting, Journaling and this weekly Blog keep me sane. Where would I be without you all to share in the wonderful world of crafting.

Desk has a few journals on it. A4,  A5 and sort of A6 Junk Journal.

I'm doing Junk Journal January. It's a free daily challenge, on You Tube. 

I did my first Gelli Plate page and tag. I used the January "free in the month it's in" mini-kit from Bible Journaling Ministries. I followed along to their Facebook group live video and then went my own way some.

And a few water colours in my Bibles too.

Most people have heard 1 Corinthians 1:1-13, usually at weddings, as it's about love. 

Also just started reading Jeremiah so needed something to mark the day. God has plans for each and every one of us. Jeremiah 1:5


Verse 13 of the 2nd Chapter of Jeremiah jumped out at me yesterday. Just had to paint me a water fountain...💧

Jeremiah Chapter 3 is about asking God to renew our hearts to be faithful in loving Him above all, so a simple heart painting did the trick. 

I'm sure there is more but I think that is quite enough for one post don't you - LOL



Happy WOYWW New Year everyone.

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

SOme fabulous projects as always BJ - especially the bible journalling. A quick visit this week due to new windows being installed (and of course it has started raining). Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #14

Mary Anne said...

So very wonderful, your pages. I really love the red heart - hand drawn or a stamp? It has such character, really great on the side of the page like that! You made me smile - "went my own way..." is just what I always say, and DO.
Happy 2024 WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

My name is Cindy said...

So many lovely projects - where do you find the time? I have just spent the entire morning sorting washing, tidying the kitchen and prepping dinner. It's now 1 and I haven't showered or eaten yet, and this is supposed to be MY day, everyone is out Wednesdays. I might be ready to sit at my desk by about 2 ....sorry, just venting, I need my craft time!! It certainly does keep us sane, I think. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx #15

Helen said...

you are totally rocking all the journals! I love the hearts page, I think it's the purple partly! Happy New Year and keep crafting! Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

What a lovely amount of fabulous work. The fountain is so good, I can almost feel the water splashing out. Happy New Year. Angela #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your journal work is wonderful, I always think the term Junk does a disservice to what is really lovely. Your heart painting is very pretty too, I like the scribbly style very much!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, I'm back. Thanks for the lovely comments over at mine. Your journal pages are so inspiring, love them. Happy woyww New Year. Hugs Angela x11x

Neet said...

My word you have been busy journaling one way or another. As always I do admire your work in your Bible Journal.
Steroid injections are free on the nhs and they only cost them about £3 plus the persons salary so maybe hubby could visit his GP. Just a thought.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry, I am not brilliant on Facebook. I have confirmed the request now though xx

Chana Malkah said...

Your journaling is gorgeous!
Junk journals seem like great fun! I've never been able to effectively create one, but I do love looking at them. So pretty and so eclectic!

Happy New year!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw, loving the junk journal, wonder how fat and un-close able it will be by the end of the month! Glad that you're enjoying using the gelli prints, I can see you doing a job lot every now and then top keep up your stock! As for your sanity....woo hoo, and erm, are you sure?!!!!!