About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 10 January 2024

WOYWW #762 - Junk Journal January

I've had a bit of a re-arrange of my desk but I doubt it looks any different. I really want more room when I am mid-crafting but at a loss to how to manage this in my space. I would love a shelf trolley but nowhere to put one. Oh well...

I guess the Junk Journal has taken over a bit this week...although you wouldn't know by the tidiness of my desk (what's new?) 

It's definitely getting thicker and I have only done 8 days of 31, Oh my.

Each page's outlook changes as I do the next, where the pages are different sizes. So here are collages of the first 8 pages.




Also a collage of the waterfall feature pages from day 3.




I've not neglected my Bible so here's a collage of the 5 entries in there.

The Girl, Owl and Cactus pages from the Free 10 day Bible Journaling Course.

The other 2 in Jeremiah as I feel inclined.

I had a sore throat last week which seemed to go away, now I have a cold. I had a nasty IBS attack from trying new different food last Wednesday evening which lasted 36 hours. My back is getting there slowly though, my Osteopath gave me lots of strengthening exercises to do over the next 2 months before I see him again but the long and short of it is Osteoarthritis is taking over. Heading for 60yrs in a few weeks, is it all down hill from here I wonder?


Happy WOYWW To You All.

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving your daily journal pages BJ. Hope you manage to fit all of January's into the journal. Fab bible journaling too. Hope the strengthening exercises help with your back. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Christine said...

My very good friend told me when I hit 60 it was all downhill but really . . . it was a slight slope ... until last year when I almost skidded off the end!!
Great journal pages, I'm sure you'll manage to find a way round so you can fit in all the pages for January.
have a good week, keep doing the exercises when you can
Christine #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your desk looks really tidy to me so I hope it works ok for you! The jink journals are lovely to look at, so many little details on the pages. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your junk journal pages and Bible art pages. Back strengthening exercises sounds a great idea for me too. I shall have to Google some. Had a good Bible group today, came away with some printouts. You have to look at a star shape filled with words and pick one that sticks out to you. My word is accountability and I don’t like it, I might have another look tomorrow 🤣. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Wow BJ! you have been busy. I don't think it matters how much space you have you still need more. Wishing you a very happy WOYWW. Hugs, Angela x11x

Chana Malkah said...

Your junk journal is beautiful, BJ! I tried junk journaling but I sucked at it some I am impressed when I see journals like yours!

Whatever crafting space we have, we grow out of it! :D)! I declutter and then just buy more stuff! Your space looks well organized.

Sixty is young! You will know this when you hit 74!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Lindart said...

60? Just a young 'un! Hopefully the exercises will get you going again, and remember, a LOT of of it in your mind, and how you perceive things!! I was able to get rid of tendonitis in my wrist, and arthritis in my fingers during my 60's! I just turned 70 and refuse to feel like what I think a 70 year old should feel like! Positive thinking girl! You can do it! Your junk journals look great, I especially like the waterfall feature. I used to do a lot of junk journals a few years ago! Have a great week! Lindart #20

Helen said...

I didn't feel any different when I hit 60... although I have no idea how I came to be that old!! Love the junk journal, it's going to be a stunner when finished. Hope you recover from the cold soon and the exercises help. take care and happy WOYWW Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Don't let it be downhill, 60 isn't old! You're a busy woman, and I firmly believe that attitude is everything in the face of declining health. I wish I could magic some more space for you...dare I suggest that you use your sons former bedroom?!! Argh!
Love the waterfall pages, patient and clever!

My name is Cindy said...

Please please please do not be negative about getting to 60!! I'm sorry to hear you've been fairly poorly - I always say I'm fortunate that although there are lots of aches and pains my body doesn't tend to inflict them all on me at once!! Despite all that I see you've been pretty busy - desk space - I have decided it doesn't seem to matter how much space you have you always end up working in a six inch square with a teetering tower of 'stuff' covering up the other space. Something's gotta give!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #10