About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 7 February 2024

WOYWW #766 - Wedding Day

I'll probably be able to link up first thing then I'm off to my friend's wedding down in Brighton. 

Hopefully next week I'll have a photo of the fascinator I mentioned last week, but just in case my friend looks, not till then.

Here's my desk with some cards I need to sort for Valentine's birthdays let alone Valentine's itself! 

My Cervical Screening leaflet as I've just made my appointment. This might well be my last one.

My notebook art journal with the somewhat interesting prompts for February.!

I tried not to look at the list beforehand and they are a bit of a challenge. Not so easy doing this alone I have to say.

1) Cloak - used a couple of mask dies over a collage.

2) Restless - Gelli plate background and acrylic painted lady black posca for the squiggles. It was more the restless mind of a crafter with all the creations whirring around in your head, and not sleeping!

3) Relate - more of a connection and lead to the Holy Spirit for this one

4) Smoke - Smoke on the water by Deep Purple watercolour

5) Howl - I used up some magazine pictures which I had cut out yonks ago with collage and abstract stuff. Although quite "dark" in many ways, I like this one the best so far.

On a much brighter note, my Faith Journal with February's pages. 

Not sure I am a fan of using wax crayons as a background as you can't then write on it. So I ended up writing on the elements instead.

The focus for the month is God's Big, Bold, Beautiful LOVE.

God chose us, He dwells in our hearts, His love stands firm forever, He is faithful, compassionate, gracious, and slow to anger. His love is selfless and sacrificial.

The faux washi is really collage with patterned papers so that was interesting. 

The little feet were poignant as I have had a couple of falls in the past weeks and it has shaken me a bit. Last Saturday I went out for a walk and ended up flat on the pavement only a couple of doors down, and some passers by picked me up and walked me home. Oh my. 

The focus, God directs our paths.

EDIT - and 6) Confront - to which I took the lighter side and thought about confronting age and it not being what you feel inside....


I love to dance....if only....



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh dear. A fall is always a shock - I once fell down in the room where I hang the laundry to dry. My daughter was in there and she said "Oh. Mom. Oh What happened?" and I was on Face time with my sister. She couldn't imagine what she was looking at all of a sudden (the shot of the hanging clothes from the floor, looking up!) I'm glad there wa someone there to help you and you are recovering. It does knock your confidence in the ability of yo body to do what you expect it to. I like all the journal pages but perfect example of why I struggle with prompts. CLOAK would never produce something from me as good as yours. Love CONFRONT and glad you added it :). Right there with you sista! Still feel about 30 on the inside...It's WOYWW day and I'm determined to be on time
Mary Anne (5)

Lindart said...

Lovely journal pages from the prompts! May favourite is also Howl! Although I also like Restless a lot too! That is certainly how I feel when I look at it!
Have a great week, Lindart #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I alweays love to see what you're up to and hope you have a great time at the wedding. Sending happy woyww hugs, Angela x9x

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I love the cloaks one the best - those little masks are wonderful. Sorry to hear about the falls. Please do check in with the GP if it's unsual for you (and not just being daft like me!) Lisa-Jane #11

Helen said...

Looks like quite an eclectic list of prompts! Doing good so far. sorry to hear about the falls, you take care!! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh, busy again! If they're that much of a challenge, why not look at the list a couple of days in advance so you can mull over your ideas for the prompts? Is that against the rules?! Since the brain op my balance has been shot, so I end up on the ground or floor rather more often than I'd like, but I think I've learned how to fall without hurting myself now, instinctively, but it is alarming for onlookers and people are always very kind and anxious if they see me go! Hope you enjoy every minute of the wedding!

Chana Malkah said...

I am glad that you are okay and were not seriously hurt in your fall! I agree with Lisa Jane, if this is unusual for you, please see your GP! A fall not caused by tripping, etc. should always be investigated.

Your journal pages are awesome. I like the prompts. I always say I don't know how to journal or what I would journal about, but I was looking in the mirror this morning and feeling so excited that I have eyebrows again. I started remembering when I first got sick and my treatments made my hair fall out and my eyebrows were gone. I could probably journal about that now that it is in my remote past.

I love the picture of Torvill and Dean! I cannot hear "Bolero" without thinking of them. They are still my all time favorite Ice Dancers!

Trust in G-d and he will order your steps!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Falling at our age shakes you up - see your GP immediately and if there’s nothing obviously wrong, start doing leg strengthening exercises. Love all your artwork and enjoy the wedding!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Neet said...

Great ideas from those prompts, that I find not easy at all. And so many.
Look forward to seeing the fascinator next week but in the meantime I hope the wedding went well.
I will certainly visit your crochet blog another day, it's a bit late now and past my bedtime.
Hugs, Neet xx