About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 February 2024

WOYWW #768 - Can't Believe I'm 60yrs Now!

Thank you for all the kind wishes for my birthday last week, certainly can't believe I am 60yrs now! 

Had a lovely day, we went geocaching and I had badminton in the evening and they brought me a cake.

I got some Gelatos, and Bookmaking kit, Silicone brushes, and new speakers for my car. I also got a mini printer, it's on my desk stand.

Also on the desk stand is the next screening leaflet, now for bowel cancer, I get free prescriptions and eye tests now, the thrills of being 60yrs!

I've done more daily journal pages

14) - Diary (Valentine's and birthday week)

15) - Snuggle ... in the arms of God

16) - Endure (really a birthday recap but enduring this challenge LOL)

17) - Endless - A line with no end

18) - Sculpt - used my new mini printer

19) - Stolen ... kiss - from a card/poem I wrote back in 2016, glad it has a home now.

I did my monthly page from the Etched by faith Scripture 52 elements. I even found a cassette on my mini printer software so added that.

There's a FAITH page in my scripture journal on my desk too.

Lastly at scrapbook LO from my last printed photos, back in July when it was well warm.

We were walking in the fields behind where we live and sussing out a new placement for a geocache to make a circular walk of 4. 

Finally my favourite birthday photo, sitting by the River Tillingbourne in Gomshall , so sunny.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.





13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you had such a good birthday BJ. Some cool pressies there - have fun with them. Fabulous artwork as always too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Diana Taylor said...

Wow, what a lot of fabulous craftiness on your desk this week and you managed to find time to fit in a big birthday too!! So glad you had a lovely birthday and lots of great pressies - the mini printer sounds like fun.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Your standard week seems to be 'prolific'! Glad you had a happy birthday, some lovely pressies. Was the little printer a surprise or something you had your eye on? a I love the look of it!

Helen said...

That's a great photo. You're still going very well with your projects. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

There are some advantages to reaching 60 but I warn you before you know it you'll be 70 I don't know how it happens but time seems to go much faster when you reach 60s! Loving all the new stuff, sounds like you had a great day and wishing you ave a good woyww too, Angela x11x

Mary Anne said...

Lovely photo! Glad you had a wonderful birthday. I am envious of your silicone brushes. I am looking to get some but trying to decide what sizes...maybe all of them...???

:)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Crafting With Jack said...

Which mini printer have you got. I keep looking at different ones and wondering if they are worth the price. Your Backfields layout is lovely. I have two medium size silicone brushes which I have yet to use. Great journal pages. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Chana Malkah said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Nice haul!
Your pages are wonderful! Beautiful composition!
Sixty is a wonderful age!



I often think how my youth was spent.
How my get and go, done got up and went.
But then I'm forced to think with a grin,
Of the places, my get up and go has been!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you had a good birthday, BJ. That’s a pretty photo of you. Yes, I don’t feel like a pensioner either but I suspect our image of old people is what we saw as children. I know I heard my goddaughter saying something about ‘Les vieux’ ( meaning us) at her birthday last year.
Your journals are pretty.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16 xx

Neet said...

Wow, just look at your hair, I love that plait. You certainly have a fine head of hair.
Congrats on your birthday and all the lovely gifts you got. It was worth reaching 60.
Is that little white box with the face your new printer? I think a few of us are envious of it and want to see it in action and hear more details please.
Have another good week
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Lindart said...

Enjoy your 60's! It goes by too fast ☹️! I love the colour of your hair, and the braid in the last photo! You got quite a stash of birthday presents! That should keep you going for awhile! Lovely journal pages! Have a great week, Lindart #20

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm so late, will probably look out for last weeks post too! You had a fantastic Birthday too, lovely pressies! Love the last picture! My hair because of the tablets I have to take is now so thin, I can't do much with it. At the moment waiting to have a blood test to find out if I still need to take the pills...And to answer your questions..Yes, the Aldi troy is smaller than the Ikea and the hobby craft trollies, but still very usefull, although a bit of a bug*** to put together. Yes, I relise that loads of people will HATE me forever for covering up the front of that lovely zipped journal...it has daily quotes from Luke on the inside pages too, but they do repeat. I may just add a belly band that can come off easily instead. Happy very late woyww!?
((Lyn))#17

Kelly said...

Belated Birthday Blessings!
Sounds like you had a lovely day with lots of things to play with.
My sister couldn't wait to turn 55 so she could get 'senior' discounts. She's now 72. LOL I'm 62 and I'm fine with the discounts but didn't rush to get them. LOL
Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #18