About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 May 2023

WOYWW #730 - Ribbon Box

The "When you are Scrapping and just have to sort the Ribbon Box" edition.

Now that's better. Filled some empty spools with ribbons from my hanging jail ring too.

Got another ATC all the way from the USA from Robyn, love it thanks. Just one to go now, think it may have got lost or I mis-interpreted the SWAP, not sure.

Finished the page, wasn't sure I'd use this side of this Basic Grey paper but it seemed to fit. It was the day of the Queen's Funeral, I'd worn black every day in the intervening days. 

This is the last page for my 18th day to day album. Just need to do the 4 others in between now.

Others I have finished are various stuff at the end of August. Receiving our new sofas and sending our old ones to our son. 

Then the day the Queen died, remember the rainbows over Winsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.

One last thing, I shared this petition on my Facebook page this week after a visit to the consultant last Wednesday afternoon. If you are in the UK and would like to support, mainly women, who suffer from the skin condition of Lichen Sclerosis would you be kind enough to sign it too it would be most appreciated.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh there are some lovely layouts there! I still hoard a stash of Basic Grey cause I still adore it. It takes a special project for me to whip that out to use LOL! As a fellow sufferer or weird conditions (mine is called SINAM - ugh) is sympathise with you and will pop over to sign in a moment. Love your ribbon cause it looks so neat and organized. Mine is handy but looks a right mess. But then I have more lengths of ribbon from past kits, where they would send about 13 inches only but lots of them. Gotta find a good use for them!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your sorted ribbons are a thing of beauty! A satisfying job done to be sure! The LOs are fab and I remember Julia has a thing for Basic Grey papers! I’m glad you’ve been having fun with your machine this week!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great layouts, the one of the Queen is fabulous. That skin condition sounds most unpleasant, I will go and sign the petition. Have a great week, Angela #11

Christine said...

Great post . . . have sent you an email.
Love all the ribbons, spoilt for choice!
God bless you and yours
Christine #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Ha, love that you were distracted into ribbon sorting. They look like jewels don’t they, lovely shiny colours. Fab bunch of LOs. I think you’ve made perfect use of the BG lacy frame paper, it looks really good. I don’t have a link for the new badge logo thing, but you can save it as a picture from my WOYWW blog post and upload it to your blog that way. Will get a child involved to create a link for it next time they’re home!

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Fantastic scrap pages. Petition signed (I have had Psoriasis since the age of 3, often hospitalised when I was younger, so recognise the difficulty of living with any skin condition). Ali x #17

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh what fabulous layouts BJ and the perfect background for the day of Her Majesty's funeral. Great ribbon sorting. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15 (you can tell it's the holidays lol).

Helen said...

I love tidy ribbons too. I have way more than I could use ! Some great layouts this week. . Happy woyww Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love how you've arranged the ribbons. Beautiful collection of layouts too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x8x

Neet said...

Lovely array of ribbons and so tidy now
Gorgeous work on your desk and I must say I love the petition piecek you have done. Never heard of that skin complaint but i will try to go to your page and sign it now.
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is for all deskers regarding the Refrigerator/Freezer (R/F) debacle so I don't have to answer questions about it. Friend Sally is a member of our neighborhood (NH) online group and checked to see what available in our NH. She found a guy selling a R/F who lived about five blocks from me. I walked over and, even though I wanted a French Door R/F with a bottom freezer, I decided to buy this used R/F the NH man promised to deliver to my home right away. I spent all of Wednesday evening and Thursday getting the food out of the old R/F and into the new one. The used fridge looks very much like my old one. In fact, they are the same size and design. The man guaranteed the R/F for 90 days, so I couldn't beat that. Now I can take my time and buy the R/F I want and get it delivered in the time I want and not feel pressured or experience any lost food.

I love the ribbon box redo. It is gorgeous, too. You have the best layouts. I especially LOVE the 2 page spread of the Queen and the one of you in black. I had NO idea your hair was THAT LONG!!!!
Happy WOYWW from # 3.