About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Dรฉcopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 May 2023

WOYWW #726 - Scrapping & Bunting

Desk is cleared away as usual, thought I had my reader Tuesday morning but the school cancelled last minute..

Took this shot just before I went dancing.

Have been doing a bit of scrapping. I finished off rainy June 2022.


Then, as July ended up being the driest since 1935, there was all the water saving initiatives...

1) Jug for Air- conditioner run off

2) Jug for Kitchen hot tap run off and cold water veg washing etc. (still save some of the former now)

(Both poured into conveniently placed watering cans in the house)

3) Then finally bath water syphoned through hose into the trugs next to the empty water butts.

Then came all my son's graduation photos.

I started with the then and now pair. 

The first when he went to visit Southampton Uni with his Dad in 2016 aged 17 and the second at his 2 year late graduation in 2022 then aged 23yrs. 

How they change.


The mainly before photos...

The mainly during and after photos...

There's a photo of me and hubby in a pocket with the entrance and parking tickets on the back.

Used lots of my Tim Holtz ChitChat words on the tabs.

Still need to get all his friends names to add to the pages. He was all alone when we arrived and then they just kept joining us, it was a wonderful day. He's made some great friends, so proud of him.

Of course I did my Scripture card as well this week.

I made a flip "pocket" this time secured with a metal leaf and brad.

I half followed the FB video and half did my own thing. 

Found a old Stamp of the Lord of the Rings so added that too.
Still waiting for my glasses, sent them back to Reglaze - paid extra for first class signed for and still no idea if they will charge me for redoing one of the lenses as it wasn't their fault.

Waiting for a call back from a manager at Boots as I complained about the branch staff, not sure what it will accomplish as I think I'll be going elsewhere in future. Should have gone to Specsavers and it's only next door on our High Street.

Anyway to finish off - the house got bunting ready for Saturday.




Happy WOYWW Everyone.

8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the scrapbook layouts BJ - especially the graduation ones. The house does indeed look Coronation ready. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The scrapbook pages are fun especially the graduation ones and the water saving things you did! Hope you get some joy with he glasses.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Tracy said...

Loooving your scrapbook pages BJ, each one telling a story ❤️๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ’• lovely photo that is of you and your hubby ⭐️ Ooooh you're home is all adorned for the big day ๐Ÿ‘‘❤️๐Ÿ’• loving it!! I hope you get your glasses soon ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿคž Sending much love and hugs Tracy #10 xxxx

Helen said...

Some fabulous scrapbook pages there BJ, well done for getting so many done. Good to see your home decorated for the Coronation, there is none up round here (although there are lot of eastern Europeans living round here so they obviously aren't fussed!) I shall be watching,. even delaying Kew for a day!! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, late getting back from the meeting for my mum which seemed to go well but trying to get round a few of my friends before bed. You always delight us with the gorgeous journal pages, love them. Wishing you a very happy, creative belated woyww, Angela x6x

Julia Dunnit said...

There’s thirteen houses in our road and we’re the only ones with bunting…bit disappointing really! You’ve done some scrapping, so looks to me like your back on it. Great pages, and yes, such big changes from before and after university, they make for great LOs, putting the photos together. Call me a cynic, but I think you may be waiting a while to hear from the about manager.

Susan Renshaw said...

Some brilliant scrapping here!
Glad to see your bunting up -my brother sent me photos of his - and my sister photos of them all wearing crowns!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #12

Spyder said...

Lovely scrap booking going on here! A real keepsake.Not many people have put bunting up in our street yet, but maybe they will. I'm not there so.... I still have my large Rainbow in the front window... Keep crafting. Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#7