About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 26 April 2023

WOYWW #725 - Craft Prayer Retreat

I went on a craft prayer retreat at the weekend and made some lovely things.

My favourite is the wire tree.


Closely followed by the Bee decoupage bottle.

I did my first ever needle felting and made a cross for myself and a friend, and some pipe cleaner flowers.

I also made a felt heart.

Got home and made my Scripture card for the week too.






Happy WOYWW Everyone.



Just got my new glasses and they are rubbish, going to question my prescription tomorrow. Oh my, so annoying.

10 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

SOrry the glasses are no good BJ. Love all those projects from the retreat - especially that tree! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What lovely things you made on the retreat, how lovely to have projects always arranged for you to do, it’s just so relaxing!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Christine said...

A crafting prayerful retreat, who could ask for anything more!! love your needle felted cross
Glasses! think opticians just want the money . . . hope you can get them sorted out
Have a good week
Christine #15

Crafting With Jack said...

So many lovely crafty items. I love that stained glass heart. I have never heard of a craft prayer retreat, what a marvellous idea. I am much happier with my Psalms study now I have room for my notes. My daughter had a similar problem with her new glasses and they changed them. Hope it gets sorted. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16. Can you send me you address please x

Tracy said...

Oh my BJ your pist is bursting with beautiful projects ❤️⭐️😍 Sounds like you had a lovely time at the retreat 🙏💕 adore them all,especially your needle felting 🥰 I Hope you get your new glasses sorted 🤞 and that you're feeling better this week lovely. Sending much love and hugs your way Tracy #12 xxxxx

Helen said...

glad you were able to enjoy the weekend, but what a pain about the glasses, hope they can sort them (without charging you again!) Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely lot of goodies you made at the retreat - the little wire tree is beautiful and the bee bottle would look perfect in the garden on a summers evening - just lovely. What a nuisance about your glasses, I hope it all gets sorted out quickly.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #13

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh good grief, rubbish glasses..how disappointing. More than made up for by your retreat, how busy you were, glad you enjoyed it so much. Presume you had a ‘good’ pair of glasses with you because I’d have been unable to do much with a duff pair!! I think the wires tree is my fave, how did you enjoy the needle felting? I’ve tried it. Love the results but not enamoured by the process!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Now that looks like a good weekend, gorgeous projects too. Sorry to hear about the glasses but I'm sure they will sort it there has obviously been a mistake with the perscription. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww as soon as you get the glasses sorted, Angela x8x

Spyder said...

Hi!! Sorry I'm soooo late, but |i was determined to join in this week after soooo many months away. Everyone's been very busy! My new thing, alhough I haven't started it yset is going to be geli printing, so wish me luck! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22