About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Dรฉcopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 5 April 2023

WOYWW #722 - Getting Better Slowly

First up, apologies for not getting round to visiting last week, I was slowly getting better and then hubby came down with it and still has it!

Anyway, quite a lot better now, the sunshine certainly helps doesn't it.

I managed a bit of fussy cutting yesterday afternoon and thought, quick take a picture of my desk! LOL.

It's from an Easter A4 printable freebie - still working on that...

I made hubby an Easter card too. The torn backing paper symbolising the temple curtain which tore in two from top to bottom when Jesus died on the cross.

I made my friend an anniversary card earlier in the week. Having a bit of a Kraft/Cream moment methinks.

I did weeks 6 and 7 of the Lent Watercolour devotional series.

Week 6 - New Life

Week 7 - Palm Sunday

I think that is the end of the series, although she did hint at something for Easter Sunday, not sure?

I did my last March scripture card on Friday just about as it was gone midnight - oops. 

In fact after the eggs and the carrot I ended up going to bed gone 3am. Having this cold has really really mucked up any kind of sleeping habits I may (or may not) have had!





Did I mention the Eggs and Carrot? Saw them on the  Hammonds Nest Facebook page, and had it in mind to have a go sometime.....Managed to get some polystyrene eggs on Friday so had a go....

 


So that's me wrapped up all ready for Easter. Can't wait to have some of my Lindt bunny, a chocolate fast is hard going.


Wishing you all a Happy Easter and 

Happy WOYWW Everyone.





EDIT - Oh look at me, I did the pages allured to at the beginning of this post. As it's Easter, thought I best include it today.




12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy Easter BJ. Loving all your cards and Easter related crafts. Those eggs are so different. Hope hubby is better soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you're feeling better and hope hubby is better soon too. Have alovely Easter and wishing you a warm and happy woyww, Angela x7x

Neet said...

Lovely Easter display.
I had to smile at your comment about lying half naked soaking up the sunshine. Glad that the extra vitamins helped and maybe DH should have joined you in the garden. Hope he is well soon too.
Love the Easter card and the explanation of how and why you included certain things.
Fab eggs and carrot. Such fun in crafting.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi BJ, on Psalm 25 of my study, my book should arrive tomorrow. I got excited when I had a message to say it had been dispatched and then discovered it was coming from the German warehouse! Some Psalms I feel like doing several pages of art and some I am at loss at what to do. Psalm 23 is obviously my all time favourite- like a lot of people. Such a comforting Psalm. Get well wishes to your husband. Happy Easter and happy WOYWW x Angela #13

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you’re feeling better BJ. You’ve had a busy time with your Easter crafts.
Take care and happy Easter
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

glad you're picking up BJ sorry you've been poorly, it does upset the apple cart.. my favourite is your last double page at the end with the story of Easter,you do add a lot in a week if that is just a week! well done you.
Thanks for Sharing, God bless and all those you love, happy WOYWW!
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x


{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Tracy said...

Easter blesding BJ ๐Ÿ™ so glad your feeling better ⭐️ sending get well wishes to your hubby, feel better soon. Such a gorgeous array of cards and journaling ❤️⭐️๐Ÿ’•tooo your eggs,how fab they turned out ๐Ÿ˜ Not long till you can enjoy your Lindt ๐Ÿ˜‹❤️๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’Ÿ⭐️ Wishing you a beautiful Easter weekend with much love and hugs Tracy #9 xxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really love that anniversary card for your friend, so smart, that’s the one I’d buy in the shops! You’ve been very busy with your Easter artworks, such a varied selection, they’re lovely. I’m glad you’re better and hope your hubby is better to enjoy the nice weather forecast for the weekend.
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Lindart said...

Oh, poor hubby! That is what happened to us a few weeks ago, but the opposite! But we are all better now. I love the tulip page and the frond page - well done! I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend, Lindart #20

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. You have certainly been busy. Enjoy that chocolate on Sunday. Ali x #11

Helen said...

Sorry that hubby caught your lurgy but glad you are recovering. Love your Easter cards and decorations Thanks for dropping by already. Helen #3

Susan Renshaw said...

So many things to like on your page today - but I am going with the tulip and the carrot!
Happy Easter!
Susan #21