About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 30 November 2022

WOYWW #704 - Advent Messy Desk!

I think it is fair to say that even my messy desk is somewhat tidy! 

There's my pink spotty journaling Bible with a printable on top which I have already traced inside, now waiting for painting. It's the Thanksgiving one but also on my desk are the 5 Advent themed printables based on carols, I've also traced the first in...

I have recreated an Advent page in my journal using the techniques of 4 pages I did back in 2012. 

Hope, Preparation, Joy and Love, which are all on my old blog! 

It would seem I did ATCs of all the Sundays too which are on blog posts with the meanings for each of the 4 Sundays before Christmas as well, First, Second, Third, Fourth... 

This will be jolly useful as I've been delving further into the meanings and even the names and order as loads of google sites have different ones/orders. I'm going to update my journal accordingly as I find out more.

Honestly no idea what stencil I used for the original Joy page, looked everywhere, so used a different one.

The Preparation page reminded me of a stamp on tissue technique so I prepped a whole sheet of tissue with 3 different stamps.

(on desk under printables)

I have used this technique on my mini journal (size based on index cards so 3"x5"). 

It's sitting in front of my main A5 Journal and each of its spreads are smaller than a 1/4 of that one!

I've done 5 other double pages in that one and the front inside page. 

Add to that we've got our tree and new outside lights which hubby has put up and I've decorated the house, as we always do starting on the First Sunday in Advent.



Son is coming home tomorrow for the weekend and a concert but won't be home for his Birthday/Christmas so really glad he'll get to see us decorated for Christmas, good timing.

I've done a stocking for him and his girlfriend, who we've yet to meet, but we are going to visit for the day over Christmas sometime, so that will be nice.

Just main presents to get and cards to make, oh my!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think you’ve done really well to get ahead for Christmas - I feel as if I’m lagging behind. Hope you have a lovely time with your son and girlfriend xx. Great journal pages, you’d an tell that you’re really enjoying doing these!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your pages are all beautiful. You all have accomplished a lot for decorating. I am behind, not getting all excited this year for some reason. It's just us, with a son across the sea and the other 3 hrs in winter we usually go there, as high schools grands have practices etc. Enjoy your son's visit

Tracy said...

BJ you are such a source of joy and inspiration between your pages 💕❤⭐️ such a joy to pop over,take my time and enjoy each one 🥰🤩🙏 Yaay on you both getting decorated for Christmas 🎄 will be lovely for your son to see ❤ Wishing ⭐️ you much joy ahead with lots of love ❤️ ❤️ light💛and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous journal pages, you've worked so hard on these. Hope the visit goes well with the new girlfriend. You could have an early Christmas. We used to do this with my mum and dad as we did go away at Christmas sometimes when we were working. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

Well done getting all the decorations sorted in time for your son to enjoy them with you BJ. Loving the latest journal pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Crafting With Jack said...

I don’t remember the Advent Candles being explained as a child, but I remember going to a Church in Wales (as opposed to C of E) one year and it being explained as the following: 1 The Patriachs; 2 The Prophets; 3 John the Baptist; 4 The Virgin Mary; Christmas Day- Jesus. Brilliant pages. I sent you some free printable did you get them? Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my gosh, that is a small mini journal!! I know I was curious about the size, but I find a small page as intimidating as a large blank one, so you’re doing really well. Can tell it’s all inspiring you, you’re prolific! Lovely that your boy will be home, and the decorations are a great bonus, I’m planning a weekend of that sort of thing, and looking forward to it!

Helen said...

Well done on being so advanced for Christmas, way behind here! Love the mini journal - it really is mini as Julia says! I am thinking of getting my window sills decorated this weekend (it's all I have space for) Happy WOYWW Helen 1

craftyani said...

Love your journals. Enjoy your son's visit and hope you like his choice of partner! Ani

My name is Cindy said...

Wow you have been busy and so organised!! Nice not to be running around at the last minute but shame your son won't be home. But how exciting to meet his girlfriend. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #14

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I thought I invented the two desk scenario where one desk is a designated messy desk and the other is the tidy one, but you're the second blog I saw today with the same idea! The problem is that even my tidy desk is getting very messy! Magical pages there - so lovely that you son is visiting - it must be exciting for you meeting his girlfriend later even if not on this occasion. I'm sure that will happen to us one day too! Not sure how I feel about that LOL! Wishing you a happy December and thanks for your visit! xx zsuzsa #17