About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 7 December 2022

WOYWW #705 - Christmas Stuff & Birthday...

Had a lovely couple of days with my son home and cried buckets when he left, what am I like!

Made him a Birthday card for 21st and a Christmas card for him and his girlfriend, who is coming over from Germany on 22nd. We'll get to meet her after Christmas sometime.

Desk is usual tidy state as I'm about to embark on making an angel costume for my new church's no rehearsal nativity. You just go as your favourite character and take it from there, going to take my little harp along too, good job I already have wings and a halo - LOL.

I've made a few Christmas cards. Used my new angel diecut, but in the main I have been using old cards as toppers and trying to use the peeloffs I seem to still have!

I made my mini green page into שלום - Shalom which means Peace.

And I've been back in my Bible doing water colours again. 

A week late but did the Thanksgiving page, following an online video tutorial which came with the printable.

I then started the Advent series.

I painted the candle on my own as the online video tutorial isn't available yet. I didn't think I had enough confidence for this but it is OK.




I used one of the extra images and the carol music the series is based on to do a journal page too.


Sparked by my new found confidence, I jiggled with the week 2 image to make it fit my little journaling 2" margin and have started painting that one on my own too. 

It needs lining out with black pen after it is dry so I did a little mini page using the carol music as the background and the tiny image as it came.

And if you have made it this far, here is my gorgeous boy before he went "home".

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you had some good time with your son, and he has a good birthday. Your journal pages are great,and well done for re-sizing the images!
The no-rehearsal nativity sounds fun,hope you have a good time. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you all had a good time, bet you can't wait for Christmas. Lovely collection of journal pages too. Good luck with the costume. Have a good woyww and happy crafting, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’re not on your own, I cry when the boys come home, I sob when they leave! How lovely to have seen him for his birthday, it’s a great pic of you all. The Unrehearsed Nativity sounds as if it’s going to be fun, you’ll be the only angel with a harp I’m guessing!!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely cards and your watercolours are amazing! Do you prep the pages first with clear gesso? Your unrehearsed play sounds fun, I wish I could come too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad that you had some time with your boy even if you won't be with him on his birthday or at CHristmas BJ. Love the card you made for him and the latest journalling is fab too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely that you enjoyed your sons visit home, but oh, he must have found it hard to leave when you cried! Loving the new confidence in your drawing and painting , quite right too! Hope you enjoy the nativity, sounds like a really fun way to include everyone. Of course, your harp will be perfect….watch that halo doesn’t slip and choke you!!

Carmen said...

Your no rehearsal nativity sounds so much fun! Love those watercolours too. I'm slowly discovering gouache many years after the rest of the world it seems!

Hope you have a good week ahead,
Carmen #17

Robyn said...

inspired by your journaling. Our library i shaving an art show of folks creating with books they are discarding. I cry every time my children leaves dn my baby is 40! and I see them often. when I run out of money I will have to live with one of them- maybe that will help.
Robyn 10

Lindart said...

So wonderful to see them, so sad to see them go...I know! He looks like a lovely boy, glad you were able to spend time with him. Your illustrations are lovely. I can just picture someone finding your Bible hundreds of years from now, and it being displayed in a museum somewhere, so beautiful! Have a great week, Lindart #16