About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 28 December 2022

WOYWW #708 - Happy New Year

Met son's girlfriend yesterday at last, spent a lovely few hours with them in Cambridge. I sobbed when we left, such an emotional time.

Journey up was hampered with traffic jams and took nearly twice as long as it should have, coming home watching the crescent moon lying so low in the sky before it eventually set was magical. 

Anyway here's my desk full of goodies... 

Jigsaw and watercolour paint set from my son. 

Metallic water colours, some dies and other craft essentials from my hubby.

Got some Spikenard essential oil too. The one mentioned in the Bible poured on to Jesus' feet...



Had a little play today. Inspired by a church card edge which I cut out and glued to the page then it went from there. The new paints pool lovely and dry with darker edges.

Been adding the metallic watercolour paints to my previous Bible pages and also on this Christmas Day one.

Love this scripture, "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" Luke 2:19

Made an Angel for my son's tree as the star in the set I gave them was too big! I saw a red one in a garden centre and created my version. Had my hot glue gun out, now that's been a while. 

Bought the white glitter baubles some years ago for the purpose, who knew!

Ran out of white felt so couldn't make myself one but have the other bits ready, although quite like the see-through and filled with the pieces version on my desk.

Got a Posca white pen at last. Got the other two types locally and have mixed results with those, wondering if the Posca one will prove any better.... Not holding my breath.

Happy WOYWW Everyone 

and Happy New Year too

2023 here we come!

8 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations on Number One!!!
Love the Angel, much better than a star. . . .
What a lot of goodies you had, super excuse to craft if you ask me . .
I had chocolates . . . you know the ones I'm not allowed to eat ROFL
I will keep them for a treat for the boys!
Be blessed in the New Year with good health and happiness.
Christine #2

Helen said...

I stopped refreshing and did something else instead... Glad you got to meet your son's girlfriend and the moon on the way back from Cambridge sounds beautiful. Happy New Year to you. Helen #11

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a great desk share today. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a lovely desk share! The journal page is really eye-catching with all those colours. The young people look so happy - you must be so proud - proper adults starting out in life and it must be serious if she met the parents! Best wishes for the new year and thanks for stopping by! xx zsuzsa #7

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you got to meet your son’s girlfriend. The moon on the way back sounds beautiful even if traffic was bad.
Wishing you a happy and healthy new year
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, sorry I'm late getting round it's been a hard dasy today after losing Stan yesterday. Your son and his girlfriend make a beautiful couple. Loving the little journal it's a great piece of art. Wishing you a very happy woyww New Year. Hugs, Angela x15x

Anne said...

Hi BJ. Glad you got to meet your son's girlfriend.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2023. Anne x 17

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah BJ, nice to see your son and meet his girlfriend, a special day! And the Angel is a lovely gift for his tree. Had to look hard to see the church card edge, that page looks wonderful, so glad you’re enjoying such varied technique and materials in your crafting.