About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 4 January 2023

WOYWW #709 - I forgot the Trees!

Desk has April 2022 photos pending scrapping, as I scrapped February and March last week but forgot to post on my blog.

Also some bike/hubby photos I have rescued to be scrapped!

February saw a great geocaching series of mini bird houses dotted around farmland footpaths, with a few other surprises too. Think I need a "bat" die - of the flying kind. Also my last birthday (with son still home)

March saw son moving to live with friends near his new job. We left him with a camp bed and boxes and he furnished nicely with Ikea

I finished off March with a few poignant moments.

Pancakes, Cleaning, New Kitchen Tap and Rainbow. Finally with our 1000th geocache (a virtual) at Leith Hill Tower on a Beautiful Spring Day.

Mini journal is more or less finished, tied with a ribbon to hold it closed, and my Bible has a few more entries.

Had my crafty friend round last week and she traced her butterfly tattoo for me to journal as I hadn't done anything on that page yet. 2 Corinthians 5:17

I did a Bible Narwhal page about living the life you were created for as we are all unique, Psalms 148:7. 

And a mini page of how we are fearfully and wonderfully made Psalms 139:14

I chose Value for my last full Mini Journal page

Not sure where I was going with the "mini" collage and don't have a scripture, but maybe the chandelier on the backing paper made me think of Value. 

When all is said and done it is good to know that we are all so precious in the eyes of God.

Then I finished off my Mini Journal back page with some rainbows left over from my scrapping earlier.

The Giraffe should have been where the FAITH edge is (Hebrews 11 - Faith in Action) but I got it wrong. Just the 2nd tracing I did on the WRONG page, not worrying at all about what happens in my Bible now, it is all part of the creative process and we all get things wrong sometimes.

Not sure where the quote is from either but to "Let Your Faith Be Taller Than Your Fears" is a good way to head into 2023.

Other things, adding decoration to one of my CD Flowers Album pages, done whilst scrapping. And the Cardboard globe which I got in a kit and painted with my new watercolour paints (they don't shed at all like my last set, well worth it I must say). Cut and assembled afterwards, it was already scored so folding the curved edges in was fairly easy, love it.

And finally, as I forgot to include my tree makes last week, here they are, plus my angel which has been left see-through.

So a Button tree inspired by LLJ and a fabric tree inspired by WISPO . Both so precious.

Happy New Year 

and

Happy WOYWW Everyone

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New Year BJ. Loving all your pages - scrapbook and journal. Have fun with the new photos. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #1

Marit said...

Best wishes to you for 2023 dear! And wowzah, what a lot of brightness and creativiness on your blog today! Love those month-layouts-scraps and your mini journals look so cute! Hug from Holland, Marit #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your decorations in the last pic are fab, all different and all lovely! Good to see the scrapbooking too, you’re very good at keeping it all going - I start things with a good will but they always seem to tail off, lol.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see your journal pages. I aleays like to look back at the year before starting new stuff, maybe it's because I was a January baby and Janus was the God of windows and doors, he had two faces so he always looked both forward and backwards. Have a lovely New Year woyww and don't work too hard. Hugs Angela x10x

My name is Cindy said...

Goodness you have been busy - great journal pages. Love that cardboard globe as well, it's very striking. Happy New Year, have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #11

Caro said...

Wow, you have been very busy - loving your Bible journal pages, and the cardboard glove is amazing! Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Love & God Bless, Caro xx (#15)

Helen said...

Happy New Year BJ! some amazing pages you've created, you really have the bug. I am determined to get back to regular crafting this year. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Happy New Year BJ! My word you’ve been productive! I had a good look around your desk..love the rainbow of die cut words hanging at the left on the wall, like a bunch of affirmations in lovely colours! The cardboard globe is very clever, even with pre scored circular folds, you need nimble fingers!

Annie said...

I’m so thrilled I inspired you to make a tree...yours is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your scrapbooking pages and your Bible journal pages. That little book is a lovely size. Will you be making another? Happy WOYWW. Angela #19

Kyla said...

ooh some lovely journal pages (and love that some of the geocaching were bird boxes too). Great trees and particularly like the button one. thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla