About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 18 January 2023

WOYWW #711 - Scrapbook Desk!

Desk - last night as journaling on a new LO and remembering to journal on the last ones. One other LO prepped and ready to stick too.

Last Wednesday evening I put together Cambridge - last Easter, visiting son, made whilst on a craft video call with craft mate.

Last Friday I did a journal page for My Little Word -  Presence.

Church did "New Year" calendars so I put my word on there too, and decorated when I got home.

Made Thankfulness Jars at church too, had been meaning to do one, so was well pleased.



Last Saturday I did my Scripture 52 card.

But my best news is being accepted as a Bookmark Reading Volunteer (on condition of DBS and references). I will be doing reading with primary school children online. Can't wait.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done on being accepted as a reading volunteer, it’s a wonderful thing to do. The scrapbooking is looking great, you achieved a lot whilst on the phone - great multi tasking!!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Tracy said...

Helloooo BJ 🤗 what a joy it is to see all you've created 🥰😍🤩 wooohoooo 🥳congratulations toooo you on being a bookmark reading volunteer 🤸‍♀️ such wonderful news,so happy for you BJ 🥰❤💛⭐️🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌼🌻🌻🌻🌻 Sending love and hugs Tracy #14 xxxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great pages and cards. I wasn’t sure about the word Presence so I had another go at the quiz, taking a little bit time over it. The word I got was Freedom. I think I am going with both of them. Shall I email you with what I have come up with so far? Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving all your new creations, great LOs and cards. Take care and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

Christine said...

Great layouts, nice to catch up with them.
Sounds like you've been really busy. Wonderful news to be able to read to the children, I used to love story time at school . . .
have a good week
Christine #18

My name is Cindy said...

Well done on starting as a Reading Volunteer! You have been busy with all those LOs. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindyxx #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh congratulations on being accepted as a volunteer BJ - so rewarding. Loving the latest layout and pages too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

Well done on the reading volunteer role! You have been really busy again today - seems lots of us have the creative bug this week! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done BJ, reading volunteering is so crucial, bet you’ll love it when it starts, be patient, for DBS checks seem to take an age. You’ve done really well with the LOs, I always think when Jan and I do a video con that she could probably crochet a whole blanket while we’re chatting. Hope you enjoy the doing of the thankfulness jar, our Kyla does one every year and it’s as much about the process of mindful thankfulness as it is about unrolling the papers and looking back I think.

Crafting With Jack said...

Just came upon this tonight https://www.scripturalgrace.com/post/practicing-the-presence-of-god-scriptures

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot to read on your blog...loved it!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #8