About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 9 November 2022

WOYWW #701 and a jigsaw.

Desk clear as usual and not so prolific this week but still, 

2 Journal pages  

4 Bible pages plus 

a Jigsaw.

Fussy cut elements from to pages of A4. 

Nearly left the white space background but thought this stencil reflected Gentleness. Made me think of Cherry blossom in the Spring.

Oh my, this one was from a monthly video on one of my FB Bible Journaling groups. It had a free sheet of elements but I stuck to watercolours in my Bible and used the elements in my Journal.

Found it on FB late Friday night, printed the sheet, went to bed but couldn't sleep so did both in the early hours of Saturday!

Spikenard - Spike-Nard. A fragrance flower mentioned a couple of times in the Bible. It's perfume is very expensive and was used to anoint Jesus shortly before his crucifixion. 

It's always fascinated me and I still have it on my wish list and no idea what it smells like.



Loved this image to mark the beginning of Proverbs as it's full of advice and direction.


The Prayer of Jabez is a little gem in the Old Testament. I did this yesterday which marked 25years since I was a born again Christian. (1 Chronicles 4:9-10)

"Jabez was more honourable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request."

And finally the jigsaw. Got a couple from the Scouts table in the foyer at church whist there to play badminton a couple of weeks ago.

Eeek didn't realise the sun was reflecting on it so much and I've put it away now, bother.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

I got sidetracked while I looked up Spikenard. I must admit to being confused on what type of plant it is. From a 10ft bush loaded with red and black fruits to a single plant in a field. Perhaps the name refers to a family of plants. Your Bible painting are lovely as are your journal pages. The jigsaw is beautiful even with the reflection. Angela #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have heard of Spikenard but never really knew what it looked like or that it was in the bible - you learn something new every day! That’s a nice jigsaw, enough detail but not too fussy.
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, gorgeous work with the pages and loving the Jigsaw. I don't know the flower but from your drawing of it, it looks very pretty. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Sarah Brennan said...

Another set of fabulous bible and journal pages BJ. I particularly love the Proverbs page too. The jigsaw looked fun! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

the latest pages are really good. I love the jigsaw too and it's nice to see sun reflections this time of year (especially after all the rain!) Have a good week helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Well who knew about the spikenard! Lovely biblempages, your interpretation of the flower is just beautiful. Hate done a puzzle for ages, it’ll be the Christmas holiday befor we do one now. It’s tradition for the holiday but I can’t see time allowing before then…especially s I don’t get out of bed as early as you!!

Susan Renshaw said...

Brilliant pages! I must get a jigsaw out again - not had much chance since the move!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #14
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!