About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 22 June 2022

WOYWW #681 - Carpal Tunnel - 9 months on...

So it is now 9 months since my hand operation to release the Carpal Tunnel which was causing numbness and tingling in my right hand.

The tingling and numbness has been cured - highlighted by my left hand's increased occurrences of this symptom.

As for recovery from the operation itself, I'd guess it is 90% sorted as I can do most day to day stuff OK but it is still tender to touch, and still looks like a wonky zip. 

I can't put my weight on it so staplers and punches are out of the question as is squashing the recycling! 

My wrist is still affected and doesn't extend like it used to either. All of which makes me sure that I will NOT be having the same done to my left hand.

Needless to say zilch in the crafting arena but I have revisited a jigsaw from 2 years ago and recorded Hallelujah on my harp - enjoy...

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

So very beautiful BJ 🎵🎶 you are so talented 💕💛🎵 listening as I type. So glad your recovery is going well but mind and take care.Thank you for sharing your music. Sending much love and hugs Tracy #10 xxxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I loved your rendition of Hallelujah when I saw the link on FB BJ. One of our pupils in Y8 plays the harp but you two are the only people I know that do. Hope that last 10% comes back in the right wrist eventually too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

I am so glad you included the harp rendition here, as when I saw it on FB I was somewhere I couldn't play it! it's beautiful. I am glad the carpel tunnel surgery has been mostly successful, if a long recovery time. Don't blame you for not wanting to have the other one done! Take care.. helen #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well done for the recital, beautifully played! I’m really glad that your carpal tunnel has been successful, albeit with a few caveats.
Keep on moving!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, we're back. It's been a lovely day but very hot but dogs were fine as they wore their cooler coats, I wish they made them for humans. I'm glad your hand is getting better. I still have the problem in my right hand but it's okay as long as I don't keep it in one position for too long. I believe it started when we first used computers when I was teaching and we didn't have proper mouse mats and weeks of working on reports put pressure on my wrist for long periods of time and I started to feel the numbness. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Crafting With Jack said...

I have come back to listen to your beautiful music again! xx

Spyder said...

Have a great WOYWW week! Happy crafting ((Lyn))#16