About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Saturday 18 June 2022

In Memory of My Dad

In memory of Aubrey E. Hares who was called to the Lord on Thursday 18th June 1998.

Here are the words I spoke at his funeral on Thursday 25th June 1998.

The last time I really saw my dad, was at my wedding, earlier this year; where he stood, as I do now, and made the most beautiful speech which touched the hearts of everyone.

Now I have the privilege of doing the same for him.

My dad, father also to Peter and Simon and Aubrey to the rest of you, was a kind and gentle man, who enjoyed the simple life and always let you be what you wanted to be. But the one thing he would like to be remembered for was his passion for the skies. Not only was he in the RAF as a young man but he followed his dream by engineering and building countless model gliders and planes. He would always stand in awe of the Buzzard's as they soared effortlessly above the moor and he tried to imitate their skills with his models.

So now he has left the confines of his earthly body, his spirit is free to soar on the winds, and I hope, that ever you should see one of these majestic birds, that you may stop for a moment and know in your heart that he is right up there with them.

Praise be to God.



Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


It may be 24 years ago but he will always be special to me.

No comments: