About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, DΓ©copatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 15 June 2022

WOYWW #680 - Birthday Card

Oh my gosh where does the time go now Hubby has retired? Totally late to the party this week!

Managed a craft call with a mate Saturday evening and actually made Hubby his birthday card amidst all the chat and banter. She was making a card for a 1yr old and using a dinosaur, I thought I'd do the same for Hubby then remembered the die cut said friend gave me some time ago of an alligator, so used that. Hope he doesn't think it is of an old Croc! LOL

Hubby's favourite colours are orange and green so I used a piece of green paper gifted to be in the ATC swap we did last month. That is the extent of my crafting I'm afraid


I have been in the garden a lot and my Nasturtiums I grew from seed are at last flowering. 

Currently I am hiding from the heat as it does me in big time. Had to leave dancing early last night as I was shattered. Today I have managed to twist my knee vacuuming so badminton is off tomorrow....

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

10 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Argh you’re in the wars! sorry about the knee….still, if the heat does you in, it’s a good excuse to sit in the shade and recuperate. Guess what..the glue is drying on the ATC that I’ve made, so I’ll post it tomorrow and let’s hope it makes it this time! Can’t imagine how tired I must have been to get the week number wrong this morning, sorry to make you doubt yourself! As for the patio modellling…it never occurred to me to do it at all, I would probably have tried to sketch something if it had. Just goes to show the medium we work in is the medium we tend to stick to!

Helen said...

the birthday card is such fun! hope the knee settles soon (and the heat doesn't make it worse) have a good week - if you can!! Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I don’t like high temps either so shall be staying in the shade! The card for your hubby is brilliant, it made me smile!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Tracy said...

Helloooo BJ πŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸ₯° loving the card for your husband πŸ’›πŸ€© must be lovely having him at home now 🀸‍♀️πŸ’•πŸŒˆ ouch,hopeyour knee settles soon πŸ€— yooou take care! Love nasturtiums,ours are just starting to pop up ... much colder up here in Scotland though today was beautiful ... I might have worn a short sleeve tooooday πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜† sending love and hugs Tracy #12 πŸ₯°❤πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸŒˆπŸ’•πŸ€—

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the birthday card BJ. Hope you and your husband enjoy his retirement. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Marit said...

Sounds like you have the same problem as I have: too hot for middle aged girls! And twisted your knee??? So sorry, hope it heals soon, but it's too hot to move anyway *grin* Have a great week, love from the Netherlands! Marit #3

Lillianb said...

sorry to hear you are having trouble and hope the knee is better soon,

Love the card, Happy Belated WOYWDW take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #9

My name is Cindy said...

I'm not sure there is much to choose between an old croc and a dinosaur - but I'm sure hubby will take it all in good spirit. See now I always knew housework was bad for my health - I've always blamed falling down the stairs years ago on rushing around with armfuls of washing!! Hope it's better soon. Happy WOYWW, love n hugs, Cindyxx #17

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ sorry I'm late getting to you this week just got behind yeasterday. Sounds like you need to take more care of yourself. I'm with you on the heat. I did some gardening earlier but that's enough for me so might do some crafting instead though the time is disappearing again! Wishing you a very happy belated woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

My name is Cindy said...

Me again. That die is just a cheap one from ebay, similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275217130887?hash=item4014382587:g:U00AAOSw2XRiMvp6
(the link to the one I actually bought isn't there any more but hey its ebay). The bigger circles are cut from circle frame die (doh) but you could do yourself with graduated dies. Anna Marie Designs does one too, I think it may be bigger but also more expensive. Cx