About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 8 June 2022

WOYWW #679 - ATCs

Only momentarily inspired by #1 on last week's index prompts list so made an ATC for "Asterisk". Used up an ink spotted paper I'd made ages ago and also found a stamped image of Great Britain so coloured that as I was in Jubilee mood.

Had a super Jubilee weekend and Hubby's first few days in retirement. Saw the Beacon up on Epsom Downs after badminton. Went for sunny walks in the quiet of the work day. Watched most of the Jubilee in TV. Saw "Top Gun :Maverick" on Monday, walked in the rain and got a few caches yesterday and I even went back to dancing last night.



Highlight was receiving an ATC and card all the way from Australia from Susan Renshaw with a Jubilee Stamp (not seen any here in the UK) and just noticed the post mark has the word "Connected" too!

How great is that!

I have also been learning a new harp piece for June, "Hallelujah". Hope I'll be able to get a good video of that one soon.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi, back again! It’s all to do with junk journaling. You glue “tucks to the edge of the page creating an open pocket for putting things in, because the open side faces inwards you can “tuck” things behind. Quite often I put a dab of glue on the bottom edge for extra security. Angela #15

Unknown said...

Hi BJ, sounds like you've had a good week. The stamp is great too and I haven't seen anything like it here either. Hope Hubby's enjoying his retirement too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Diana Taylor said...

Glad you had a good Jubilee weekend - like you we watched a lot of it on TV and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the stamp, I haven't seen any here either.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #14

Helen said...

you sound as if you'll be busier now hubby is retired than before... I watched every minute of the Jubilee and loved them all in different ways. Glad you enjoyed Top Gun I've heard lots of rave reviews. Have a great week Happy WOYWW helen #3

Tracy said...

Hellooo BJ 🤗 your happiness is bouncing with every word you typed 🥰 what a busy time you've had. What a joy it must be to have your hubby home 💛spending time together.Your days dound idyllic with the new Top Gun thrown in ... was it good as the first one? Tooo dancin 💃 I'm so happy for you. Gorgeous happy mail from Susan to treasure ⭐ Good luck with hallelujah and hopefully might see the video st some point 😘 Wishing you a beautiful week ahead with love and hugs Tracy #11 xxxxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi BJ, sounds like you’ve had a good jubilee week and are even busier than ever. I know how hard you work on language learning and now you’re learning the harp as well!
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 19

Sarah Brennan said...

wow BJ you have packed a lot into the last week. Love Susan's ATC and such an apt stamp and postmark too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a great deal going on in your life. It must be nice to have so many activities in which to participate. We are worried about our Covid levels rising in the states, so I'm staying home to keep from getting it, even though I've been vaccinated and boosted.

What a fabulous card you colored. It is a beauty. I as able to see some of the Jubilee, but certainly nothing like you.

This is the second time I've been without electricity in the past two days. That's why I'm so late visiting. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

BJ said...

The only comment not to make my blog, but fortunately did come in via email (after hubby sorted Gmail as that had stopped too) was from Jan aka LLJ

Just checked out the comments section in settings on blogger and there's one also from Cindy (neither on blog nor email) and the second from Jack too.

Oh My BJ

Julia Dunnit said...

Thank you so much for the ATC and goodie bag, such a great idea for the trade and very generous of you. I’m sorry you haven’t received mine yet, how strange, yours seems to be the only one that hasn’t made it from a pile of 20. Bad luck. Im not in a position to at the mo, but will make up another when I finally sit at my desk! Meanwhile, you’re busy, glad you had a good jubilee weekend. I can’t wait to hear Hallelujah from your harp!

Susan Renshaw said...

Thanks for featuring my ATC and card...the 95th Birthday stamps have been out for a while here in Australia and this weekend we have a Queen's Birthday public holiday. The current stamp is a picture of the Queen to celebrate the Jubilee. I must try and send you a photo of it...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #16

Lillianb said...

Glad you had a lovely jubilee weekend, what a lovely stamp as well' hope the harp practice goes well

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #17