About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 July 2024

WOYWW #787 - Such a Relief

Well the desk is the usual craft tidy state but also a dumping ground.

Recently back from Asda shopping, so there's my list and receipt (back to school stationary is due in Friday btw). 

My Medical Journal so I can record stuff. After a few days of horrid wrist pain following the steroid injection for the Carpal Tunnel, I can report that the numbness/severe tingling has reduced to very mild tingling with the odd electric shock in my thumb. But I am sleeping better and can do stuff again, like play my harp. Whoop Whoop.

Yesterday was hubby's 68th birthday and I actually made the card in time, which was interesting with a very sore wrist!

We went geocaching and got 16 caches to complete a new circuit near us. 

 

I completed the June journal, here are the last 5 pages of that.


Think this one shows the wrist pain perfectly. Totally reminded me of when I had the surgery on the other hand in 2021, relieved it was only 3-4 days of that as opposed to weeks....


I'd been having some issues with a church group and a close friend helped me leave it "gracefully".... and breathe.


Pink Blossom, just because.


The last page is a bit of a mish-mash just grabbed images and words which spoke to me. Compass dial - new direction maybe. Tulips are for perfect and deep love apparently. The little hexagonal summer house, sanctuary, safety perhaps. The words just are what they are I suppose.

Anyway I did a flip through of my whole June Journal to my harp music and it's on You Tube here


So to July's Journal, a flip-through of it empty is here

Only having done 2 pages so far I am finding the base journal is doing a lot of the work which is giving me more time - I guess.

So I am following #JunkJournalJuly2024  where there is a prompt/video each day, published at 4pm. I'm kinda watching and doing my own thing ish.

Day 1 : Spark - someone gave the little match book, hoping it was someone here who will recognise it, great to use it somewhere special.

Day 2 : Post Card - Technique of card piercing and used some on my plasterers mesh tape. Chris and I walked through poppy fields yesterday so it means a lot to me.

As they are concertina pages I'm sort of trying to make them flow into each other, we'll see how that goes through the month...But definitely loving this new type of journal.

Can't believe it is way past lunch time before I get this posted - oh my life...


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous pages BJ. I am sorry there was an upset in a church group and glad you had someone to help you about it. I have just had an idea about “spark” so I am about to do my journal page. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Neet said...

Loving the July Journal. And just adore the last pages of the June one - What fab pages.
Belated birthday wishes to hubby.
Commiserations to you - am sure the pain will ease and you will really feel the benefit.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the journal pages. I am pleased to hear the pain is subsiding, the injection is awful and I had a lot of numbness in the fingers afterwards before things got better but it's not too much of a problem most of the time now. The card you made for your hubby is brilliant, love it. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

What wonderful journal pages BJ. Sorry you have had to craft through so much pain. Glad the injections are helping and that you can play the harp again. Good that you have been able to extracate yourself from the troubling church group. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Helen said...

happy birthday to hubby. the geocaching sounds very successful. Love all the journal pages! glad the wrist is recovering after the injection. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I'm so impressed that you've managed to keep crafting even with the horrors of carpal tunnel and I'm so glad that you've got some relief with the injection. Sorry to hear about the church group upset but I love how the processing of it has inspired your art work. I'm also doing JJJ but haven't started it yet! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #8

Mary Anne said...

Amazing pages, even the mish-mash one. I just look forward to dropping by each week. Congrats to hubby on his birthday, and you for making the card in time LOL! Hoping the relief from the injection lasts you a good long time...
Late AGAIN - the day got away from me
Mary Anne (3)