About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 July 2024

WOYWW #791 - Boaz

Thought I'd treat you to a busy desk as of Monday when I decided to make up some more wax seals as I only had one left from my 1st session at Christmas.

I did 3 of each design and rainbow ordered the little wax hexagons too...
It's all rather hit and miss trying to get it central but I guess that adds to the appeal of them.




As to Boaz, he was the focus of this week's Bible Journaling from Devotion in Action. I think the character in the book of Ruth was a tad older than the picture depicts but I rather like the drawing.
I traced it in my Bible and water coloured it. I'd printed a second sheet as I mislaid my first one so I had quite a few different sized copies of him as you will see later...




Junk Journal July draws to a close today and I haven't got a journal ready for August yet. Hmm I wonder what shall I make this time?


This week's pages:-

Days 24 & 25 : ephemeral & tea-dyed

Lots of saved bits and bobs, the pocket is from the packet of a Superdrug nail buffer.

A couple of teabags I'd saved ages ago got used today - YAY!

Days 26 & 27 : shade & poetic

I thought of shade as in the shade of a tree so dug out a very old Quickutz Cookie Cutter die.

I carried the colour theme onto the facing page and wrote out my favourite sonnet by Edna St Vincent Millay : What lips my lips have kissed....
Days 28 & 29 : buttons & contrast

My contrast is the burly guy vs the soft femininity of the previous page. The a wax seal was in the video where it suggested contrasting textures hence I used one and realised I needed to make some more.

Day 30 & 31 : shine & celebrate

Struggling for shine especially during the video which didn't appeal to me at all. Got the old Tim Holtz sun stencil one used one of the ephemera pieces included in the JJJ pack happened to spot the word SHINE on the back of a magazine.

All ready for our host's video later today to sum up the month with celebrate... And that will be my 7th daily art journal completed this year. Whoop Whoop.

Oh and if that wasn't enough I managed a couple of scrap pages too - about time I hear you cry!

Some puzzle geocaching and hubby clearing out the loft and burning "official secrets". The puppets were lovely to see but a bit eerie dangling from the light in the front room. They have gone back up the loft.



Finally I did a FB "live" with Casey yesterday afternoon which finally finished off my April Journal, Back inside cover page.



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Some beautiful pages and watercolour work today, very effective. I really like those wax seals too, they’ve worked really well!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Mary Anne said...

I always really enjoy seeing yours and Angela's JJJ pages. I am just begining to start on the prompts so I can do the 31 days of August instead! I hope my pages turn out so goo as yours did. Love the scrapbook page too. I always loved pages with many photos!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Sarah Brennan said...

I can finally comment. Have had to change browser. I must get all my wax seal stuff out BJ - you are an inspiration. A full journal page each day this year is some achievement! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Another busy week with lots to share - I applaud you! My favourite is the tea bag page and it has reminded me to look for the tea bags I saved several years ago when another WOYWW-er was creating wonderful art with them. Have a wonderful week, Lisa-Jane #10

Neet said...

Thankfully we have not had it as hot as you have down south - I cold not stand that heat - 30 is too much for me too.
Good to see you got so much crafting done despite the heat but then you did have lots of help to cool things down. Love the Bible page, I always think what a lovely treasure a Bible with paintings in must be for future generations to find.
Keep the journal pages coming, i enjoy seeing them so much.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Helen said...

Great output again BJ . Your shady page is beautiful. I bet you can't wait for the weather to cool down ! Helen #2

Lynnecrafts said...

You’ve been busy BJ. Lovely journal pages and your seals work really well.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great pages there BJ and lovely watercolour. Is there an August journal to follow July? I would like to keep going x happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Think OI need to do that, I have loads of gorgeous seals and colours and keep forgetting to use them. I rather like it when they turn out a bit misshaped. Loving the new journal pages too. Stay cool and have a great woyww. Hugs Angela x9x