About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 24 July 2024

WOYWW #790 - Tip-in vs Tip-out

Yesterday's prompt for Junk Journal July was "tip-in". 

I think that a "tip-in" is where the attached flap stays within the bounds of the journal pages when it is flipped but a "tip-out" goes outside the bounds of the pages/book/journal.

So here's my desk after doing yesterday's page with the "tip-in". I got lots of stuff out and am trying to use up what I have really.

Days 16 & 17 - floral & aged

The floral spray is on the top of a pocket which I made out of some handmade paper. (tag below)

Aged with coffee and inks, what a surprise.

Days 18 & 19 - free & tag

Free is bits and pieces which were "free" from packaging etc. and low and behold the word "free" was actually on this page from the construction music paper, couldn't have planned that.

The tag used stamps as a background but I didn't want to cover mine up! (tag back below).

Days 20 & 21 - picture & colours

I already had a picture on the page from the construction, so went with that. Adding the bee and more flowers.

For colours I used various parts of Casey Turner's art which I love, again long before the video materialised.

Days 22 & 23 - timeless & tip-in

Really could have done with video for timeless as I couldn't get past using clocks. Loving the black circles from another page so did that again.

So to yesterday's page and the tip-in. I've had this journal card for ages and it cried out for a home. 

I made the circle flowers the previous night just as an experiment. Looks like I had a thing for 3's on this page....

Day 16 - pocket tag ( I journaled my carpal tunnel steroid injection journey to date on the back. It's even better this week)

Day 19 - tag back

Day 23 - tip-in back - 3 butterflies 3 flowers!

I  did my Bible Journaling water colour which was based on Saul/Paul. It didn't quite go to plan over the page crease as the paper shrinks and crinkles when wet and dries not quite as you wish.

Earlier in the week I did a Faith Journaling page using Day 13's process Video by Casey Turner, I love her artwork and just have to have a go.

The prompt was Light. 

The light shineth in the darkness but the darkness comprehended it not.     John 1:5

I made a couple of cards for my friend's birthday and her daughter's graduation which are both tomorrow! 

And I brought home some ribbons and bangles home from church which need sewing...Tried with sewing machine but difficult to get close enough and the ribbons are all shiny and slippy. I think I will be doing them by hand and in a single go rather than each one separately.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Neet said...

Days 20 - 23 are my favourites. Hard to choose between them as they all are lush. Not that I don't like the others, I do. I've just done a "Time" swap but in cards. Can't show them until they are sent out next month (which isn't very far away). Love the Bible Journaling.
Not sure what you are sewing with the ribbons so hopefully you will show us next week.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Annie said...

I love all your pages....all so different but lovely.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

My favourite page by far is the done featuring the clocks, I really love that, it’s sort of steampunky and the sentiment is brilliant. Ribbons are horrendous to sew even with a walking foot on the machine, would using a hot glue gun help instead?
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving all of these but just don't know how you keep it up there is just so much here. Take care and have a good woyww whatever you decide to do next. Hugs Angela x11X

Lindart said...

Great job on the Junk Journal! Lots of great interpretations of the prompts! But my favourite page is the Faith Journal page. I love the colours and the subtlety of the page. Beautiful! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Helen said...

I've not heard of tip-outs, only tip-ins. but it makes sense! days 22 and 23 are just wonderful! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Tip-ins are just something added to the page edge that fold in. I haven’t done any more to mine. We are now settled at the new site so hope to do some crafting tomorrow. Great pages, I shall have to have a look at Casey Turner’s video. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Great pages there BJ. I wonder what people have planned after July 31st?? Thank you for the info on the altered books. I actually saved all the suitably sized hardbacks as I saw some videos saying only use glued books and others saying only use stitched books so it looks like there are many ways of using both (which is what I told myself as I kept adding to the 'keep' pile...) Hope the hand is improving every day. I had a hand therapy appnt last week but it seemed to be a lot of 'buy this gadget' whereas I wanted exercises to fix me! Have a sunny week, Lisa-Jane #9

Susan Renshaw said...

Well done on jjj. Love all the explanations. Especially what a tip in is... I used the football analogy! Not many pages to go now!! Happy WOYWW! Susan #5