About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 17 July 2024

WOYWW #789 - Journaling : Bible, Faith, Art and Junk...

Ah yes lots of different journaling this week as I've been catching up on the monthly things I hadn't got around to till this week.

There's a pile of old books from a jumble sale for the journaling. I also got some embroidered napkins, a twine set, sun charms, necklace and a china mask which I couldn't resist.

But first up is Sunday's talk about prayer and the Lord's Prayer in particular from Luke 11. Our pastor gave us his version and each part of the prayer was associated with a colour, hence the bead chain.

We were given Prayer Journals and booklets plus there were colouring pages but I think the beads went down the best.

I've started a new series over at Devotion in Action about God's witnesses, which are all faces and that's a challenge for me. They are traced into my Bible from printables and I paint them.

Probably why I forgot to share last week's Ethiopian Eunuch, but this week's Abram is a bit better methinks.

I did Bible Journaling Ministries monthly free mini kit page for July about Keeping the Faith Fire Burning.

I stuck to warm colours to compliment the previous Faith Inspirations (FI) page done with their free Challenge Card focusing on textures and Psalm 21:21.

The girl image used on the FI page is from the new facebook group Fussy Cut Freebies which has a wealth of free images to use.

#JunkJournalJuly. I have finished one side of my no-sew (concertina) journal, loving how the pages flow together so tried to get a shot of it all - not easy...

New pages are:-

Day 10 & 11 - threads and stamps.

So pleased to be able to sew again, really ought to get some sewn clusters done whilst the going's good and I have no idea how long this steroid injection will work for.

Day 12 & 13 - packaging and light

I used some lip balm packaging as the tag, tissue to cover the envelope. A a strepsils blister pack for the large circle stamping and bubble wrap for the smaller.

The word SUN was already on the right side so added the theme word of light. The sun charm and bead string were from the jumble finds.

Day 14 & 15 - weather and handmade.

These day's videos weren't really working for me, so I used a rainbow stencil and with a few rain drops and clouds for weather. The butterflies were added extras and now thinking one would look good on the right hand page too... (done!). 

Busy day yesterday so used one of the #JJJ freebie pictures and some NEW handmade water colour leaves which I did this week on scrap water colour paper. 

Yes another thing I am able to do without major pain  and/or numbness is "Fussy Cutting" whoop whoop.

Anyway here's the mask I couldn't resist, it's about 4 and a half inches high, wondering why I was drawn to it so much??

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

7 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh well done with both those faces BJ - I am hopeless at any life drawings of any kind. Loving your goodies and all the latest journaling. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW - Thanks for joining in. Sarah

Mary Anne said...

What a wonderful post. There is so much here. All the journal pages are great, but I particularly like day 14 and 15. I made one of the concertine JJs ages ago, but I found it didn't work well for me - I made the mistake of thinking I could use it like I do my Daily Journals for writing and I found it was useless for that. I should have treated it like an art journal and stuck to quotes or phrases, that sort of thing, not loads of text. I should drag it out and see if I can re-purpose it for JJJ (that I might do in August once ICADs are done) - an idea there I think...

Yay! On the day…
Mary Anne (4)

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

At 4.5 inches, if it has a flatish back, I can see it gracing some sort of wall art with your lovely collages? Your JJJ concertina looks fabulous! Well done on finishing the first half. I'm intrigued about the books you got from the jumble sale as I'm about to take a lod of books to the charity shops. What sort of ones should I be keeping for arty exploits? Have a splendid week, Lisa-Jane #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Good luck at using the old books I bought some to cut up and then just couldn't do it just felt wrong some how which I know is stupid but I did get some old paperbacks with dark coloured pages and managed to cut those up they are so useful. Loving the journal pages. Wishing you a very happy and creative week. Hugs Angela x10x

Helen said...

As usual you have created so much to show this week! I am impressed with the faces, even though I watch Dina Wakley all the time drawing faces I can't... mind you I don't practice, I just think I can't do it.... Enjoy all your challenges and have a creative week. helen #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Great pages and I do like the rainbow stencil. I am not feeling so good today, sore throat and the start of a cold. I am not good at colouring portraits. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Neet said...

It's ages since I did any face drawing or painting. I love doing it but then I am never happy with what I have done so it doesn't continue. I should concentrate on one thing at once rather than dibbing into so many different things. That way I might have become more proficient at something. Still, as I just said on a blog, enjoyment doing what we do is half the purpose.
Your concertina is fabulous - I enlarged it and so got to see it much better, what a lot of pages! Once again youhave been prolific in your art and treated us to some lovely pieces. Thank you BJ.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx