About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 26 June 2024

WOYWW #786 : No-Sew Journal

Hottest day of the year so far and I'm hunkered down in my room, windows and curtains closed and the air-con unit on all day - that's better....I did sit out for the sum total of 2 minutes but couldn't stand it any longer! 

 #JunkJournalJuly (JJJ) is on the cards for me next month and finally managed to sign-up but had to get hubby to turn off the ad blocker and then list Get Messy as OK as that was the problem up to now!

Funny thing - I know July is looming and I didn't have a journal planned but happened to make a no-sew journal yesterday (by the JJJ host) which is the feature on my desk. 

All ready for July except that I haven't made my hubby his birthday card for 2nd yet! Eeeeek!

Have been plodding away at my June Journal too, Some pages come together, some not quite so. 

Listed them all separately this week instead of collages.






Not much to say about them just lots of play and pondering.

I found the Greater Spotted Woodpecker feather in the garden the other day and a mixed media prompt was Polka Dots so it was perfect.

Running out of self inspiration so JJJ will be well welcome next week.
Steroid injection TOMORROW! Eeeeekkkk!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely selection of pages for your journals, I’m amazed that you have such wide inspiration, they’re all lovely. Hope the weather cools down for you, I’m finding it warm in Wales and we’re about 6 degrees cooler!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

There's a lot to be said for 'just' pondering and playing! Of course I have opened both of the links you provided so that's another rabbit hole for me to go down! I love being able to see your wonderful pages in bigger detail. Have a fun week! Lisa-Jane #11

Neet said...

Don't worry about the injection, I've had one in my thumb yonks ago and it didn't hurt one bit. Mind you the guy who did it was a past pupil so I might have got extra care. And the good thing is it worked and still is.
Love your feather that matches my pencil bag
Adore that third photo down. Gorgeous page! I have a die for a no sew book. Must have a go at one again as I loved making them.
Love all the activity you have on your post today - thank goodness for air con. Wish we had it.
Hugs, neet 2 xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the injection will be fine . Great projects as always . Thanks for the birthday wishes Helen #1

Annie said...

Such a lot of lovely pages….you’ve been busy. I’m hoping it cools down soon too….my fan is working nearly as hard as me 😂😂😂
Good luck for tomorrow.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased it's not just me that can't stand the sun. I've been out with the dogs for their walk but did it early when it was quite nice but the rest of the day has been just too hot for me and not good for the dogs either. I am so impressed with how you keep up with the monthly journal, the pages are brilliant. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

Crafting With Jack said...

The heat is too much for me! Great pages. I like your new journal. I had a look at the video. I was surprised it didn’t start with a long piece of card like a concertina. I made scrapbook pages with a similar method, I found it quite awkward , but I will give it a go. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Mary Anne said...

Your journal pages always inspire. Gorgeous. good luck with the injections - hope it does you a lot of good and for a long long time!
A late desk hopping - the vaxx laid me low…
Mary Anne (3)

Susan Renshaw said...

Glad you managed to find JJJ in the end. Thank you for the link to the concertina journal.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #4