About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of Watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Faith/Art Journaling too. I've challenged myself to make an art journal page a day for this my 60th year. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing. I also like walking/Geocaching and sometimes do a bit of Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I have been learning to play the harp for the past 10yrs. I am now officially retired. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 12 June 2024

WOYWW #784 - Acrylic Inks

At last I am the proud owner of some acrylic inks. Had a little play and they are still out on my desk for more fun. 

Day 10 - Words uses them in the background

Day 9 - white drips down the page


Iridescent Bright Gold, Carbon Black and Titanium White.

Vivid Lime Green, Quinacridone Magenta and Turquoise Deep

I've been filling the extra facing pages in my April journal with challenge pages.

I did one using circle waste pieces/rings and another was a scavenger hunt to include 12 specific things, that was fun.

I'm toddling along with Jenna Burne's Wild Art Deep Faith course filling my June journal. This past week I've done:-

5) Collage - "Hope" page

6) Stencils - Vine page

7) Printing - Mystery page

8) Marks - turquoise ribbon page


9) Images - Happy Place page

10) Words - "Fridge" words page

11) Recipe 1 - First Full page demo - Collage/Journaling/Image page.

In the middle of this I made an anniversary ATC for  Lisa-Jane, not sure it has arrived yet though but here it is anyways.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Helen said...

I hope you enjoy your acrylic inks, what gorgeous colour. Your journal looks great I haven't opened any of mine this week! Happy WOYWW in top spot! Helen #3

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy the play with your acrylic inks BJ. I must do more with mine. Your journal pages are a treat as always. Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Neet said...

I don't have any acrylic inks but I love the colours you have on your page for us to see. So vibrant. Enjoy working with them.
Love the atc you made and your various pieces of art are lovely.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Twiglet said...

Your artwork is so vibrant and colourful. I need to get going in my craft room again! My desk has been empty for too long. x x Jo

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Acrylic paints are fun. I've only just started playing with them too. Second hand from someone else.
. I'm back ... last WOYWW post was Feb. That's a big gap. Better late than never. Happy WOYWW.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and keep you and all whom you love safe and well for 2024!
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mary Anne said...

I have a bunch of the inks from...some other maker, I forget, but only silver, gold and copper in the Liquitex brand. I find they do get a bit gummy over time. I love that HOPE page, the colours really sing out. Your posts are always so fun to see, so much to be inspired by :)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done, great pages and the new paints look useful. You seem to get so much done in a short time, I must have a look at Jenna Burnes work. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

Lynnecrafts said...

I love your ink colours and your journal pages are excellent.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I love looking at your journals, I haven't done these, so I always enjoy looking at what other crafter create. Loving the look of your new inks too! Fab work x happy woyww! Michelle #14

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

It has just arrived! Thank you so much! I'm so happy to have one from each of the years I've been around for it! I'm always so impressed at you keeping up with all these challenges and I might be a bit in love with the HOPE page with all it's lovely layers. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #10

Lindart said...

What lovely acrylic ink colours you have! I only have a few that I bought for fodder School class, I haven't used them a lot yet. Your journal pages are fun, it's always fun to follow prompts! I like the blue ribbon "mystery" page! I have used some of your images that you shared a couple of weeks ago in my June journal!
It's been a strange spring so far, hot, cold, hot, cold (we are cold right now!). Luckily no tornados yet, but they are expecting some tornado weather north-west of us. Have a wonderful week, Lindart #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Enjoy your acrylic inks, I have yet to use mine. Great pages Happy WOYWW, Angela #13