About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 6 March 2024

WOYWW #770 - Bookbinding

People may moan about Facebook and Reels etc tracking your interests but a free bookbinding course popped up so I enrolled. 

On my desk is my first little book made following their Washi Tape Journal video. Also on YouTube directly. Nice not to have the stitches showing through on the spine of the book and my first with more than one signature. Whoop!
Whoop!

I finished off my February Journal with

28) Sooth - found the boat mini postcard in my stash and it just oozed Sooth to me. I managed to mix the paint the same colour too and had a wax seal the same colour too. The handmade paper was from Christine in an ATC anniversary SWAP and the little note on the back said Happy Anniversary, thanks for swapping God Bless you and Keep you in his Care. How cool was finding that actually on my wedding anniversary too.



29) Leap - Got some new stash of a badminton die and a stencil and used the latter on this one.



I made a little journal for March from the cover of last weeks magazine. The much smaller size (approx 4 inch square) is much easier to manage than February's journal  which was 8"x 5.5".

Here are my first 4 pages, all using pages from the magazine. 

I'm not following any prompts, just going with what ever I fancy. I mean ....

1st St David's Day and daffodils was a no brainer. 

2nd I dyed my hair purple so chose purple pictures.

3rd I used our church sermon about Baptism and there was just the right picture for that.


4th I started with the pink blossom tree and went from there.

I've done my Bible Week 3 of Lent watercolour which was about being purposeful in our fasting.

And the March page from Bible Journaling Ministries free mini kit on the theme of "Cancel Culture". Not a concept I was really clued up on and still find it unusual.

Had our son home for the weekend too which was great, they went to see Dune 2 and I actually watched Dune 1 at home the night before too.

Happy WOYWW Everyone

15 comments:

Helen said...

wow, so busy again BJ! that stencil is fab. Happy WoyWW Helen #2

Twiglet said...

Wow what a beautiful post- so much gorgeous crafty activity. Book binding is a lovely thing to do. I love to watch them repairing old books on The Repair Shop. Fascinating and very clever. x x Jo

Neet said...

Wonder no more BJ - I am 5'10", or I was, I may be shrinking now with old age. You are tiny, like one of my friends at 5' so together we would be described as "peg and prop".
Lots of goodies on your desk, you are always a busy lady and I love the pages with the green on, especially the first one.
Right, I am off to see that bookbinding you talk about.
Hugs, Neet xx3

Diana Taylor said...

Lovley pages BJ and I really like the little book you made - I used to enjoy bookbinding (very simple stuff!) but haven't done any for a while - seeing yours makes me feel I must get back into it!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #11

Christine said...

lovely busy post . . . love those pages . .
Have a good week
Christine #15

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

That's a great stencil - it looks like you could use it to create something that looks like it is lots of layers but it's all done in one go. I love the serendipity of finding an anniversary message from WOYWW on your wedding anniversary! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #14

Annie said...

How lovely to do some book binding....well done you. I love what you've been working on.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

My name is Cindy said...

Cute badders raquet die and that stencil is lush. Clever you with the bookbinding too! So many things to learn!! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #12

Julia Dunnit said...

The March journal looks lovely, you have been busy! Good find on the racquet die, i expect you'll get a lot of use from that. I don't know what a cancel culture refers to. Your comment about being retired...I am too in reality!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like another busy week of crafting here. I think if you're careful how you use facebook and the tracking emails they can be very useful. I'm with you there have been things appear that I would want but would probably never have found otherwise. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

Crafting With Jack said...

Great journal pages. Fabulous stencil! I look forward to seeing your pages with it.
I didn’t understand the reference to cancel culture. According to Google it means the mass withdrawal of support from public figures or celebrities who have done things that aren't socially accepted today. I understand Tracy’s meaning, just thought it was an odd term in view of what it is supposed to mean. I thought I would have a go at that journal. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Chana Malkah said...

I love your book! Very nice! Bookbinding is my other favorite hobby! I actually did one for my grandson's art teachBr that had 22 signatures! Of course, it had to be Case bound, but it was a lot of fun!

Some of the more decorative stitches are really nice on books, but saddle stitching does get boring!

Great journal papges! Very creative!

Cancel culture has been around since the beginning of time! If you think about it, Adam and Eve were the first people to be canceled! They did something G-d didn't like and he kicked them out of the garden. I think we just keep giving situations new names but in the end that is all that changes...the name.

Cancel culture is nothing more than "electronic boycotting!"

Have a great rest of your week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Mary Anne said...

I always enjoy your pages! So many each week. I love that double pamphlet stitch booklet. I've only been using it (if in fact that is the same as the one I do :) ) for maybe 6 months or so, and I just love how flat the booklets open with it!
Sorry to be late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot to look at this week - all so inspiring! I must admit I get pulled in by the facebook ads - some are hard to resist. This bookbinding one seems like a good find!
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #1. We are having an extremely hot weekend and Public Holiday Monday (forecast to be 37, 38, 39 degrees) so the best place is in my craft room!
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

My name is Cindy said...

Ah, you may have got it with the walking!! Which was at 10 months. I need him to slow down a bit lol. Cindy xx