About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 20 March 2024

WOYWW #772 - Temu Order (at last)

Only my second Temu order but it took significantly longer to get here this time. First was 6 days, (fascinater and paper stuff) this was 10 days, but I wasn't exactly in a hurry. 


The dies cut really well despite not being packed very well. They were all just bunged in the flimsy plastic bag with 2 circle punches and embroidery wax all moving around so the dies were misshapen when I opened the package. 

My advice would be, to be careful of what you order together.

At last I am in possession of circle punches to punch half circles as finger tabs/spaces on flaps/envelopes/pockets etc. The embroidery wax is to wax threads for book binding, hopefully it is beeswax but the packaging doesn't specify that like the online did. 

As for crafting, I've done my daily journal just going with what the day brings. 

A magazine picture I liked, a surprise garden visit, 

having the wax out of my ear at last in Audiology, 

more magazine pictures which caught my eye, doodling, 

reminiscing of my time in Dublin on St Patrick's day,

to seeing the first contact physiotherapist (FCP) about my LEFT hand Carpal Tunnel. 

Laughably her conclusion was EXACTLY what I'd asked for in the first place, to see a GP with a view to having a steroid injection. Oh man!

I did my Bible watercolour but forgot to show last weeks so here they are.

Last week was refreshing generosity and this week prayer.



I had a watercolour "play" afterwards and made some "fodder" for my pages. I have used some on my pages already.

Oh my the left hand went quite numb cutting them all out and I nearly cut my finger without knowing!!! 

Gone are the days of sitting and fussy cutting for enjoyment...



Last but not least I have actually started scrapping my photos. I started with the yearly page in my 8x8 album 

Only 2 good photos of all three of us from 2023, hubby's birthday and Christmas. So I popped the spare one of me and my son, on his surprise Mother's Day Visit (last year), on a tab which will be in between the pages. (It is in the facing page for now as I won't be doing anything in here till next year now.)

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

9 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I love your watercolour fodder! And so curious about the quality of the circle punches. I have a bunch but never seem to have the exact size I want. 10 days seems about right to me, and TEMU is always a lot fasster than Wish ever was. Dear Son has been going thru some exploration of carpal tunnel vs RSI, had injections that helped for a bit then stopped helping, and still no clear answers. Hope you get what you need and it does help - he was told one (and sometimes one more) injection offers great improvement for the majority of people. Sadly not him but hopefully for you!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

My name is Cindy said...

Why couldn't she do the injection? When I went to see consultant on referral for my ankle he did it right then. Was brilliant. Hope you get it sorted soon. See you've been very busy once again. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #7

Marit said...

Love your art journal pages and ohmy, I do need a 'wax thingie' like that too... I keep forgetting to order it but will remind your warning when I do order at 'new shops' (I order bookbinding materials at a special 'bookbinding/paper shop' in the Netherlands and up 'till now the packaging is well thought of, luckely) Happy woyww, hug from Holland. Marit #11

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I love all your photos. Wishing you the best with your hand. Here several have had excellent results with Chiropratic care for carpal tunnel and have avoided surgery etc. Best wished for a great week

Helen said...

Hope you can get some relief for your hand. As always you've done loads! Happy woyww Helen #1

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Wishing you favorable results with your hand. It certainly doesn't look to have slowed you down with your creativity...lovely!
Happy Wednesday Hugs,
Kim #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ after our chat last week I have ordered from Temu, I know it may take a while to arrive but I just couldn't get the foiling plate I wanted anywhere in this country and I have tried every company OI can think of. It says it should arrive between the 22nd and 28th of March so we'll see. Pleased your order has arrived. Hope your hand is better now, the journal pages are brilliant. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x5x

Chana Malkah said...

Your pages are awesome! Good look with the injections! I hope they bring relief!

I have never experienced any issues with TEMU and have ordered a lot from them lately! So far, my packages have arrived within the delivery window they displayed when I placed the order. If I need anything in a hurry, I order from Amazon.

So glad it all worked out in the end and you could use your dies!

Have a great week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #22

Peggy-Sue said...

Hi there
How are the dies from Temu? are they good despite the prices?