About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 29 November 2023

WOYWW #756 - Gauntlet Thrown Down!

Thanks for the comments on my scrapbooking last week.

Neet certainly hit the nail on the head as my scrapbooking is indeed a diary of day to day events in our lives. Just a little bit more that just putting photos in albums, which is what I have done since I was about 17yrs. I have 18 pre-scrapbooking era albums and I'm on my 18th scrapbook.

Cindy then laid down the gauntlet saying I should get to mid-Summer by Christmas. As I have photos printed to the end of July this is indeed a possibility. I've nearly got May 2023 in the bag...(last pages on desk)

The Bluebell Trail was at the end of April 2023, revisiting the woods we found on my birthday back in February.

May started with a First To Find (FTF) cache in my local Asda, right where I usually park too! My son and his mates in London and the King's Coronation. 

Followed by more caching and my husband visiting his sister "up north"
The FABULOUS page scraps from the banners lead to a Christmas tree card and I made a 2nd whilst I was at it (Son and Husband sorted). I also made my son's Birthday card, using watercolour.

Definitely having a turquoise moment.



I did weeks 47 & 48 for my #scripture52 challenge - just 4 weeks to go now to finish the year.

Week 4 of the Bible Journaling series on Being Prepared. 

1 Peter 1:13

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.

 (expecting a bonus page today or tomorrow)

Advent starts on Sunday 3rd December so we'll be getting the tree on Saturday. Last year was the earliest Advent start (27th Nov and this year the latest).

I don't seem to have all the busyness everyone talks about, just having son home this year but everything else is as usual really.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the latest layouts BJ and those cards made with the left overs are fantastic. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Looks as if you will answer Cindy's challenge! Fab LOs. I have fond memories of a trip to Stockport years ago...do you not travel with your hubby on these visits or was that you behind the camera? I've had 200 photos delivered this week, the year to date and in total contrast to your method, just rake through them and do whatever pics speak to me at the time, so disordered by comparison!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It is truly lovely how you document your life - so many happy memories to look back on! I'm nowhere near disciplined enough to do this, but I'm planning on starting a diary/planner sort of thing, I'm just not sure how! Your other creative endeavours are all inspiring too - I can really see the appeal in bible journalling. Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #7

Mary Anne said...

How fun of you to take it as a challenge :D But hey, I am all for getting motivated to scrapbook. One day I might find that motivation again too. We hoped to get the tree started on Saturday but the day is looking pretty full with out-of-the-house things and in-house visitors so I just don't know. Like you, I am pretty happy to have Dear Son home (-ish, at least in the UK if not in residence!) but it is crazy busy round here.
On the day so YAY!
Mary Anne (5)

Christine said...

Great layouts there BJ.
Snap with the Christmas tree putting up . . . 1st Sunday although I must admit glad of the few extra days this year.
have a good week
Christine #13

Helen said...

Great creativity as usual . Hope you get to the end of your photos ! Happy woyww Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Great scrap pages and Bible journaling. No I am not feeling over busy either and to prove it I am going to have a nap! 🤣🤣 happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't know how you find time to rest! More gorgeous Bible journal pages. Love the cards too. Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done on your jjournaling! My winder is a nostepinne. If you search my blog you’ll find posts about it.
Have a good week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts xx

Lindart said...

My goodness you certainly have been busy! The layouts are lovely - great memories! And the cards are very nice, I like the watercolour one best ;-) Have a great week, thanks for your visit! Lindart #16

Kyla said...

ooh wow some amazing layouts love it. thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla