About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 August 2022

WOYWW #691 - Blessings

My desk is adorned with the gifts a friend brought round on Monday. The unicorn came in the box with a card from another friend and my crafty friend brought me all the papers now stuffed in the "unicorn" box, plus the Flip'a'Mallows plush.

I seem to be having a hard time at church at the moment, too hot in their building and can't seem to find a connect group with a space so have been quite down of late. The crafty visit and goodies was to cheer me up. So blessed.










I made a couple of cards last week on a crafty call with the same friend.

I used up some more of the diecuts I'd cut from my recent bargain purchases.



I have also made a double layout starting with this years photos at last. 2022 here we come.

Can anyone remember how muddy the beginning of the year was - I mean super muddy, it really was something else. 

Nearly didn't make it rounds the lake, others had turned round and come back past us saying it was impassable but we persevered.


The only other thing I did this week was dye my hair again. So need colour in my life. Oh and the nasturtium seeds did so well this year. 


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Good morning BJ 🤗 and hugs to your wee unicorn friend 💕 good friends bring light into our days ⭐ and yours surely have, glad to hear they cheered you up when you needed it the most. Beautiful cards to your layout ... those photos ... you really did have it wild and muddy... fab photos to document it! Tooooo you ... your beautiful photo,smile wide with magical coured hair .. love it!!
Wrapping you up in much love and light Tracy #9 xxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your hair looks great, love the colour! Isn’t it funny to look back to January and see all the mud and rain, seems like a distant memory now after all this heat. It’ll soon be here again - my hubby jokes that he should plug me into the National Grid, that would save us some money on the heating bills….. I think he’s joking, lol!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. Lots there for which to be thankful - that's wonderful. Already documenting 2022 - well done!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Sarah Brennan said...

Hugs BJ - hope you are feeling up again soon. Well done for making it to the start of 2022 with your layouts. Love the hair! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

My name is Cindy said...

Aw BJ sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. Love your hair, it matches your top beautifully! and the nasturtiums are a beautiful colour as well. Lovely to see your scrapping is up to 2022! As someone who is way behind with printing off photos I salute you! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #16

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oh yeah, actually, I do remember the mud! I quite forgot until you mentioned! That's why scrapbooking is so good! Love your new hair colour - one of these days perhaps I'll have the courage to dye mine a funky colour as well - I think I'd go for blue to match my eyes LOL! Happy Wednesday! xx zsuzsa #19

Crafting With Jack said...

Well I am lucky if I remember the weather last month! It does look muddy though, your page is lovely. You are looking beautiful in the last photograph. Great colour. I shall have to do mine soon. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

Helen said...

Hi BJ and love the hair! sorry you're still suffering so much with the heat, hopefully it will start to get get back to "normal" soon. that mud does seem a long time ago.. great layouts! Happy WOYWW Helen#2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hope it's cooled down by now it's been much better here today. Loving the hair colour. It took me some time to decide to grow mine out but love it now. I can't really remember the mud at the beginning of the year believe it or not it was muddy last month when we went to a village show. It had rained a little and the vans going to the show had ploughed up the ground. Great collection of layouts and the cards too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Julia Dunnit said...

Hate to think of you being down BJ. I don’t know anything about your church so don’t understand the connect group workings, but surely there should be room for others, isn’t that the point? Your hair looks fab…and so do the nasturtiums, aren’t they beautiful, such a lovely cool green offset by those blazing flowers. Your LO was a surprise, I had to really think about weather and what we went through earlier this year, I’ve become so accustomed to waking up and finding it light and dry that I’m starting to dread the change. I hope you’re finding it more comfortable now.

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your hair BJ. Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down. Hurrah for friends who know how to cheer you up!
I’m struggling to remember the weather last winter, this drought seems to have lasted for ever.
Well done in your Duolingo.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Kyla said...

loving the hair (and the nasturtiums, my allotments are filled with them, SO tasty). Glad you got a decent fan now and hope you can find a connect group
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla