About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 24 August 2022

WOYWW #690 - Eskimo Kisses

The first paper to bless my eyes when opening parcel #2 was the Basic Grey "Dearly" page from their Eskimo Kisses Range

The Bambi was so cute so the thought of covering with photos was out of the question. So I used the reverse side as the backing and fussy cut the features out of the front side. Fortunately I had a few of this paper which enabled this.

I think I managed to cut enough out of this paper don't you?

I also used some of the lace from the same parcel. Kaiser Craft is another supplier I love as well as Basic Grey.

I used a couple of my new dies to finish off. 

The page is a little self indulgent but I think I needed that after the debacle with my Mother last week!

Not done much else this week except find a home for my new snowman diecut on a January 2021 page - last time we had snow methinks. I stamped the sentiment which came with the dies there too.

I showed one friend what adhesives I use, and what type of scrapbooks too.

And pondered how to make a faith based birthday card with another friend? Not sure crosses can be used for birthdays? More associated with sympathy and Easter really. I have some scripture stamps so I stamped some of those for her to use.

I did raid Sainsburys and bought some new clothes. A couple of loose skirts which will be good for ballroom dancing and some strappy tops as I continue to be HOT HOT HOT and some socks. 

Wondering if I might have some other medical condition other than standard menopause heat and hot flashes. Who knows?

Anyway most of the items were half price so that was good news.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.


12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m constantly hot as well, it’s just our age! Love ht papers you’ve worked with and the pic of the snow made me smile, I can’t remember the last time we had a proper fall like that! Enjoy the dancing xx
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

I am constantly frozen at the moment ( very cold here in wintry Melbourne!) But I think I would be tempted in Sainsbury's too!
Great layour and love the snowman...
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #14
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Anne said...

Pretty papers. Like the clothes purchases. I continue to be hot, hot, hot! I had checks for anything else as it has gone on so long now but 'just' result of menopause. Lucky me :-( Anne x 13

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving those layouts BJ and some nice clothes bargains too. I still get hot even on the HRT especially recently. Trying to visit as many desks as possible before we head up to Scarborough for three nights. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your new pages. Well done for finding the bargains in Sainsbury’s. I spotted 3 items in there a fortnight ago. But they didn’t have my size 🙁. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Annie said...

I've had another busy morning with my fittings/sewing plus I have now finished the eye spy quilt so am taking a break to visit all my fav blogs.
Love your new pages and your pretty new clothes.
I will be MIA for a couple of weeks so will catch up with you when I return.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Bj, I'm here just been a bit distracted today. Sorry because I'm sure I've used that excuse before Lol! loving the journal pages and the card too. Enjoy your new clothes, you look great. Wishing you a very happy and productive woyww, Angela x11x

Helen said...

Love the papers and Bambi is so cute! I am dripping here, just got in from work and got dinner cooking (needless to say I ran from the kitchen as soon as it went in!) I am so sick of salad though so hot food it is! Take care and cool down soon xx Helen#1

Neet said...

I am always having hot flushes, and I am way way past the time of having them. Not pleasant but you do get to wear summer things a bit longer.
Love the skirt you are modelling, and the Bambi's are gorgeous. I love Basic Grey, always have but rarely get it these days.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great job with the bambis, made a lovely LO. I do admire you, I don’t think I’ve ever put that many photos of myself on a page! The pic of you in your new togs is great, nice bargains, I can usually find something I like in the TU range. As for the hot bod…get yourself checked out…but don’t be surprised really, it seems to go on for years.

Kelly said...

Love the layouts, BJ As to being hot, I don't think I've truly found a normal body temperature since I turned 35 - 28 (cough) years ago. My poor husband has been known to sleep with a stocking hat on at night during the winter to keep from waking up with a headache because I keep the bedroom so cold at night LOL. New outfits look lovely! Ballroom dancing sounds so relaxing. Hugs & Creative Blessings - Kelly #18

Kyla said...

ooh fabulous makes and loving the new outfit (and yep, hot flushes drive me spare too!).
You mentioned on my blog about collecting nasturtium seeds to plant next year (I find they shed seeds and I rarely need to resow, lol!) also the green seed pods (before they change colour) are great turned into a fake caper. Soak in a strong brine (approx 300ml water to approx 15g salt) for 24 hrs, strain, dry and pot up and cover with either white wine vinegar or cider vinegar

thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla