About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 17 August 2022

WOYWW #689 - Parcel #3

Can't resist a bargain, so took lots of dies off Tracey's hands in Kraft Crazy's closing down sale. 

They arrived a day earlier than expected which was a double blessing as moments later my estranged Mother phoned to tell me she was disinheriting me. I mean she disowned me for the umpteenth time in December 2019 so really not sure why she bothered with this call now, other than to upset me. Fortunately I bounced back and played with all my dies until the early hours. 

Tracey sent me 3 old issues of Die-cutting essentials and an extra Quickutz journaling die as a bonus! Oh lucky me.

Might be tempted to make a waterfall card now...or the basket or even a pocket, who knows.

Anyway after a play, cutting them all out, I got to work as I'd earmarked the presents and candle dies for my son's Birthday page. 

Bit of a homage to Quickutz that one. 

Used two new papers which I'd actually chosen for the reverse - LOL.

The paper's name is PEACE, and I'd like to think I was being sent such from on high.




Next came Christmas itself. More Presents die and new Bauble die, plus all the new Christmas word dies I got in various sets. Snuck a tiny robin in too.

Then New Clothes to close out to 2021. Here I used the new torn notepaper die and tabs. This is a Basic Grey paper I wouldn't normally have chosen but works well for a boy page.

So to my desk....LOL... thought I'd forgotten didn't you.

The Basic Grey paper which was on the top of my bundle last week, is from the Eskimo Kisses collection. I love the Bambi page but with all my photos it gets lost so I think some fussy cutting is required and the reverse of the paper actually used for the backing. I've got some photos of myself so it's going to be a bit self indulgent.

Happy WOYWW Everyone

6 comments:

Helen said...

I'm so sorry your relationship with your mother is so bad. Odd that if you were already estranged she should ring to further upset you!
That's a great bargain bunch of dies, and well done for putting them to use already, fab layouts created! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

That is so sad about your mother calling you like that. It was good you had a parcel to distract you. But I am sure it was upsetting. You certainly had a good play with your new goodies, you made some great pages and I look forward to seeing your Bambi ones. Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That’s so sad that you’re estranged from your mother, the phone call was needless. I’m glad that you were able to find solace in crafting with all your new stash.
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Your mother seems like she's still needing to make a hurtful point. So sorry to hear of your estrangement. It was good luck that you received your happy post to distract from it.
Well done for your continuing Duolingo successes
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m so late. Sounds like your Mum was suddenly feeling the need for attention and the only way to get that was to be hurtful. Some people just can’t see it any other way. Gracious, so glad you’re able to bounce back. The pages are wonderful, really like the birthday page, your suddenly increased die collection is in brilliant use already! Me and MeBart are going over in the van to the Shop tomorrow to remove the big workshop table and the counter where the till was. Sob, that’s the reality kicking in.

Kelly said...

Good morning.
So happy to see you channeled positive energy into those beautiful layouts! Your son is blessed to have you. Creative Blessings & Hugs! Kelly #15