About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 3 April 2024

WOYWW #774 - April

March journal completed and started the one I made recently for April. Tuesday's page pending on desk.

Even managed a couple of scrapbook pages and YES Julia I swap out the ones hanging up when I make new ones, until the next couple are made...

March's last week. 

I particularly loved the dying process for the ribbons and fabric strips. It was done in a plastic cup and I used my silicone "brush" and tweezers so didn't need gloves either. Dried the pieces on cardboard packaging too, such great tips from the BB week.


Did a lot of stuff on Sunday afternoon, so a crafty Easter for me.

Easter Day Bible Watercolour form Devotion in Action.

The last day of BB's freebie week with the prompt of "Stitch" I also did another "Cluster" gaining great inspiration from the Facebook group which went with the course.

Here's are my dyed ribbons and fabric strips. I dug out my Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon, must have bought that over a decade ago for such a time as this - LOL.


I did my April Bible Journaling Ministries with their free mini kit

And here's my April Fool's day page - hope I can keep up with my challenge of a journal page a day this year. Three months in the bag so far, so a quarter accomplished...



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

 

9 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Your journal pages are lovely and your dyed ribbons are impressive. What do you use to fix the dyes?
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the journal pages today. You certainly have found some interesting blogs. I went over to BB Bash, very interesting ideas. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

Helen said...

Great journal pages, and love the died ribbons. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

I totally agree, you bought that crinkle ribbon knowing that it would be useful hence, as with all the things we buy. Cough.
I really like that you display LOs, I'm currently threatening to redecorate my room, and if/when I do I shall make a space for such a thing. Your pages are great, you managed to fit a lot in over the weekend!

Crafting With Jack said...

Great journal pages. What dyes did you use? I haven’t done any dying since I used those Dylon little metal containers. I meant to do the BB course, but it just didn’t happen. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, you're pages are lovely. Dying ribbons is the perfect way to have just the right colour fir any project. I spotted your display on the tiles of your fireplace - fabulous! Have a great day. Elizabeth x #16

Mary Anne said...

Those are some lovely pages! I have to take some time to follow the breadcrumb trail and add some blogs to my list :)
Back to late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Crafting With Jack said...

I did as you suggested, watched all the videos, took screenshots to remind me. I liked how BB used the brown tape to make the snippet roll. Not done a black and white collage before. So much to get done!

Crafting With Jack said...

I forwarded you an email from Katherine Rains. If you scroll down there is free taster for Susan McCreevy.. Gelli plate with leaves xx