About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 24 April 2024

#777 - Freebie Taster Courses

The freebie/taster courses just keep on popping up. 

I have signed up to the Christian "Encounters in Colour" Art Journaling Retreat May 13th-19th hosted by Jenna Burne Art Journaling. It has an associated Facebook group.

Also the Nest Fest a 12-day virtual event 8th-19th May hosted by Roben-Marie Smith 

And the latest is a Collage Kickstart with Catherine Raines which is a 5 day lifetime access course, it's on my PC screen here.  Whoop Whoop 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️. It also has a facebook group...

Go me. 'Twill keep me busy in my craftcorner....

I finished the last taster course, but not that happy with the end results, it was a bit like the host's previous taster on colour, obviously not my cup of tea overall but I did like the floral/foliage drawing warm up on day 1.


Daily journaling continues...

I think I need a colour mix up/combo shift... don't realise till you see them together how they are a lot alike.



I did cool colours yesterday...

 ...and warm ones today.


If anyone would like to offer some colour combos that would be great.

Monday I popped to Ikea (if that is ever possible) just for the paintbrushes as I love them for acrylics and glue, so needed some to watercolour only. I got the rest of the stuff from Hobbycraft. The only impulse buy were the wooden eggs but at 50p I couldn't go wrong really.


This week's scrapbook page is of our tree trimming back in October last year. We will have so much more light this year, I hope it isn't too hot this Summer, I'm already struggling at night even with my windows open.

Oh and I had to do a factory reset on my mobile phone Friday as it kept freezing. Still finding stuff which needs sorting out. Oh my life!

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the latest projects BJ especially those colour journal pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Mary Anne said...

Oooh. Might be near an Ikea after the crop (we'll do the crop then head to Slough where Maddie skates on a Sunday and drive home via Reading :) ) so might have a browse for them. I enjoyed the CR collage class but wow my versions are a ton different to yours. Or maybe I am thinking of the first one. Got the email of the Nest one but I have just been so wrapped up in y own stuff. DOH! There is too much information out there. Love the colour combos. I used to use Kuler but I think Adobe bought that. There might be a new one called...Coolor or Coolors maybe? You get auto generated colour palettes from it. Might be fun to try. Have a look. And we trimmed a tree too - it now lets Poppy's catio get some sunlight right at the end of the day. If only it was warmer!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Neet said...

Gosh BJ you have been busy. I especially like the cold and the warm pages, they really do appeal to me.
I never thought of going to Ikea for paint brushes but then I don't go to Ikea that much but next time i will look out for them.
Enjoy the classes, look forward to seeing the results.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Neet, looks like you've had a very 'arty' week. I agree about IKEA but did manage it the other day when I had to return something - just walked in to the returns hall and out again. Such willpower! If the Catherine Raine tutorial one is lifetime access I might sign up for that, can't keep up with the time sensitive ones as I never seem to know what I'm doing these days. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #15

Helen said...

Always love your posts, BJ. The warm colours today are fab. . Well done on "popping" into IKEA! Without a car I can't really make it . Happy woyww Helen #1

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry about the 'Neet'. I think she had just visited me and asked a question so it was on my mind to answer her. I get easily confuseed. Good job we've 'known' each other a long time!!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, busy as ever. IKEA is a place I have never been although I think it's probably a good job as I would probably come away with all sorts. I love Catherine Raine she does some great projects. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x8x

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep, you in your craft corner is sizzling busy, happy to see you so inspired by all these courses. Its fascinating isn't it that we have to look back to see formats in our work, be it colours or style..I've been trying to switch up both in scrapbooking recently and it feels very out of box! I can't bring a name to mind at the moment, I'll pop back if I do...but there are a couple of colour combo type sites out there....I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night having remembered..better take a pen and paper to bed!

Lindart said...

Great projects BJ! Those free lessons are a godsend. However it's how I got hooked on Fodder School(which was not free!). I like the blue and green page, and the orange page really pops! I go to Pinterest for colour combos and save them, they have a lot! Have a lovely week, Lindart #17

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow you have been busy with some great projects. I especially like you cool and warm colours, I must have a go at that. I am trying to do more crafting for myself these day. I was admiring your creative space, a lovely set up. Sorry if you had a problem linking to my blog, for some reason, I cannot reply to individual comments, I'll have to check my settings. have a great day Michelle x

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi BJ, I am a little late with my commenting. Great projects, I still haven’t done Laly’s one. I look forward to doing the others when we are away. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Kelly said...

Hi BJ
Looks like you will be busy creating. As it should be!
Things for you regarding color combinations.
1) The Color Cube (there are a couple of different 'volumes')
2) https://colorlab.mycreateink.com/
3) google 'color combinations' and you'll end up with more than you'll ever need ;-) #2 of these is my favorite because I find myself thinking in terms of Stampin' Up! colors

While the second one is dedicated to Stampin' Up! colors you can look at colors that match what you have on hand and use those to direct you to multiple color combinations.

Hope these help!
Creative Blessings & Hugs! Kelly #16