About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 10 April 2024

WOYWW #775 - SAD!

Oh my life, spot the main difference between my desk photos... 

I was just sitting at my desk and it went dark and it wasn't the eclipse! 

Now I'm SAD indeed.

Hubby has ordered a couple new bulbs but thinks, now he's taken it apart, that it may be something else! Oh no!

On a brighter note my April journal has become quite eclectic, some pages I like and some less so, but by doing something daily I surely will find my vibe.

Yesterday's page reflected our geocaching walks in the woods which were very Hobbit Like. 

I love moss on rocks and it reminded be of the times I spend alone on Dartmoor as a child when I visited my Dad's farm in the holidays.

The brisk wind reminded me of walks on the cliffs as a teen along The Gower coast.

I have yet to do today's page and that will be interesting without my brilliant SAD light.

I finished off August 2023 in my scrapping. I find anything to go with these photos so ended up plain plus various handmade items, inking and stamping etc.

There is journaling on the tags behind the top left photos on each page.

For September 2023, I was obviously very conservative with my photo printing so just, the various painting courses I did and our son's annual visit for his dental appointment and car MOT plus some geocaching, badminton and chess.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

10 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Yikes! I have a daylight lamp too, and super annoying that it is impossible to change the bulb. It said in the literature, after I bought it, that the bulb would last for the "lifetime of the lamp". Hummm. Pretty dodgy, that. Oh well, love the pages as ever, esp. the green collage-y one in the middle!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These things always do this when you least need it but sure hubby will get it sorted, they do come in handy sometimes Lol! hubby I mean not the light Lol! Loving the journal pages, looks like you've been having fun this week. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x7x

My name is Cindy said...

Great collage and scrap pages - grogeous family smiles!! Sorry to hear about your lamp, the bulbs always seem a pain to source. I have two big draughtsman's daylight lamps but I actually find the cheap one I got from Amazon just as usefull and it's certainly easier to re-position!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #10

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your collage pages, your Hobbit wanders and bimbling in Buckland!
I hope your daylight lamp can be fixed.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3 xx

Helen said...

Sorry to hear about your daylight lamp . I have one somewhere... as always a productive week ! Happy woyww Helen #1

Sarah Brennan said...

Still only making quick visits. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Great pages, love the foliage one specially. I hope your lamp can be fixed or a new one not too expensive.
Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Lindart said...

I have never heard of a SAD light, but I hope you can fix yours, and make you HAPPY! Your greenery page is lovely, makes me want to run right out to the nearest forest...what lovely memories you have! Anything you do daily, like your collage pages, will definitely see an improvement over time. I have seen that first hand! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

Julia Dunnit said...

I dunno but if you need the SAd light, I think abandon the desk and sit in the conservatory and do something...soak up as much natural light as you can! Your page every day is definitely causing a range of styles, eclectic is a great thing if you ask me, so much more attractive than formulaic! Go you!

Kyla said...

sorry to hear about your daylight lamp and hope you are able to fix it. Lovely pages though and I know what you mean about moss on rocks, tactile and lovely to look at too (as a west country lass I also love Dartmoor too).
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla