About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 12 July 2023

WOYWW #736 - Usual Suspects Plus New Monitor

Spot the difference to last week - yep - finally got around to sorting the monitor update. 

Other than that, the day to day bifocals are on the desk and the next set of photos at the ready plus tablet on its stand.

Hmmm, so what have I managed this week? Well I did both my June and July pages in my journal.

Both from freebie mini kit printables from Bible Journaling Ministries (only free for their specific month btw).



The July one was inspired by an affiliate video by Amanda at Devotion in Action. How could I resist, but I made myself do the June one first as I had already downloaded the mini kit but hadn't been inspired by it initially.

Then I did my latest #scripture52 card. Used some pretty girl elements I found in my stash, no idea where they came from! The theme for the month is Integrity so it seemed fitting along with my new church die (this was the test one).

This weeks water colour was about spiritual training and covered the whole page on the back on my tip-in. Think I'll be glad to get back to painting on my actual Bible pages again for chapter 5.

I did the scrapbook LOs from last weeks photos on my desk. The fireworks marked us actually walking across the fields out the back to the footpath behind the local private school who have fireworks every year which we had only seen from the window of our house mainly obscured by a very large oak tree in a garden between the school and us! Only taken us 23 years to make the pilgrimage!

Also the power water jet path washing by hubby and the wall maintenance. The former a little enthusiastic in places!! New grass only just growing now!

And finally some craft from church, I brought the colouring sheet home and painted it.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

EDIT - I just won the giveaway for my scripture52 card flip through video featured last week - OK so I was the only entry but still I won for entering - yippee. Not won anything in ages.

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was reading your post when Julia went online. Nice to see the new monitor. I was especially interested in the Scripture 52 card. Those little girls are adorable. Too bad you don't remember where they came from. I like your scrapbook pages, too. I enjoyed reading about the fireworks and how this was the first time you actually went to see them at the school. Yes, that power washer can be brutal on grass. I like the looks of how clean the bricks and stones are, though. Happy WOYWW from # 2.

Sarah Brennan said...

Yay well done you for the win - worth the effort BJ. Great pages as always. and the new monitor looks good too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. sarah #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay for the win, I’d take that too! Liked your journal pages, at least it’s only one per month, even I could probably keep up with that, a daily one would get jettisoned PDQ!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Christine said...

Gollygosh! You have been busy . . love the cards
Enjoy the week
Christine #14

Helen said...

A win is a win ! Love your projects this week . Happy woyww Helen #4

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

A fun post, pretty displays I love that little paper church Is that a die cut ? Congrats on the WIN. Enjoy a great week

Crafting With Jack said...

Loving all your Bible art this week. Confronts your prize, you deserve it for all the effort. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Julia Dunnit said...

Only entry makes you a qualifier, well done! It is prize worthy anyway BJ, a lovely job so far for sure. I like the little church die, it's going to be very useful I know. New monitor looks grand, but my eye was drawn to your tablet, is that a printed case or a collage of stickers? Love it!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Bj, loving the journal pages which reminds me mine are out of daste too. It doesn't matter how you won, it's just so nice when you do. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

Lindart said...

Well done! Your work is lovely this week, and you seem to be enjoying your summer so far! Have a great week, Lindart #17

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Only just sitting down to do some commenting after a full week. Horrible weather here and got drenched earlier, so glad to be in my croffice. You have definitely been productive. I do miss the Bible Journaling community, but just don't have the time right now. Perhaps I will join in again one day. Ali x #16

Neet said...

Love your June/July journals. Also your scripture card, the diecut church is so pretty and I love the lacey edges.
Did you draw the figure yourself for your watercolor - it's very good.
In answer to your query - No the tins on my desk are not the same - the one on my desk is much larger and has a clear top. The decorated tins are 4.7 x 7.6 cms only and have a sliding top.
Hugs, Neet xx