About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 22 March 2023

WOYWW#720 - Just What the Doctor Ordered.

Feeling oh so much better this week. Even danced my socks off last night (unlike last week when I came
home early) 

I think the tonic I needed was the surprise visit by my son for Mother's Day. I was OVER THE MOON. And not forgetting all the prayer I have received too.

He arrived on the Saturday afternoon and left on the Sunday afternoon. A fleeting visit but so special as not seen him since Boxing Day.


I even managed to do my Lent page in my Bible whilst he was here.











And I did my #scripture52 card after he went. Super weekend.
I guess that is me, need to go shopping now. Asda in the rain - oh my!



Happy WOYWW Everyone.

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely pic of you and your boy! Time spent together is just the best thing xx. I’m glad you’re back to full fitness as well, the dancing sounds fun!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Annie said...

Oh how lovely to see the pic of you and your boy....We are blessed with our boys [and girls] aren't we?
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love your post, and so happy for you to have time with your son. I had the same surprise It was about 5 years since I've seen J. Your paper photos are lovely. Have a good week, treasure those memories. and Hugs to You Happy WOYWW

Crafting With Jack said...

How lovely to see your son on Mother’s Day. Great Bible journaling too. I haven’t managed to do any this past week. Happy WOYWW. Angela #8

Neet said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day gift you got. I cannot think of anything nicer than a surprise visit from your son.
The Bible journaling is lovely, have you decided yet whether to do the classes? I think you should.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a lovely surprise for you, Mother's Day is such an important time to show how much we appreciate all the care we've been given by our mother. You must miss him lots. Loving all your art work too. I've sent you an email about the Gesso I used. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x5x

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad you are back tripping the light fantastic BJ. Such a lovely photo of you and your son. Fab bible journal page as always! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

glad you were able to dance away this week, and that you had a Mother's Day visit from your son! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Helen said...

just to answer your comment - the circle is about 6 inches across so a die would have to be quite big. Helen x

Julia Dunnit said...

It’s all glamour isn’t, Asda, rain….still these are the small prices for such lovely big surprises as your weekend…how lovely. And am glad to read that you’re feeling better too, all combined to make a lovely post. Gorgeous tulips in your bible journalling, your freehand drawing is really good.

Susan Renshaw said...

How lovely to see your son!
And what a beautiful Lentvpage!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #6