About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 1 March 2023

WOYWW #717 - Happy St David's Day

Oh couldn't resist wishing you all a Happy St. David's Day, always reminds me of my school days growing up in Wales. We would have an Eisteddford in school and enter competitions with a pseudo name. Think I might have even made some Welsh Cakes then! And of course I used to have a Welsh costume too. Sigh!



Hubby bought us some Silver gifts for our wedding anniversary yesterday, we'd chosen the Hares together (my maiden name too) but the little silver Dragon was a surprise.


Oh forgetting myself, here's my desk today, Bible open at my last of 4 paintings this week. I started a weekly Lent devotional over at Devotion in Action - called Journey to Jesus. 


She supplies all the printables to trace into your Bible plus a devotional which you can watch he painting on You Tube. I then followed another video devotion on Psalm 146 over at the Etched by Faith Facebook Group.
After this I just had to find something for the book of Job, which I have just finished reading. It is pretty dark so needed a focus on a positive and I found just the thing... this on You Tube by Sandy Allnock
Earlier in the week I had done my 8th week of the scripture cards too.


Oh blogger was going so well allowing photos to be placed adjacent to each other (although don't know if they will all be available in the big form as they often disappear when like this - won't know till I publish) Then it decided NOT to allow this placement and furthermore neither spacing in between text to the side of single photos! Oh my life!

Oh well hope you get the picture one way or another.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

12 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The hares are gorgeous. We have a pair but the are ceramic, I must show you some time. The dragon is a beauty, I love moulding dragons but not done any for a while as the resin likes warmer weather. Loving your bible paintings they look great. It looks as though blogger is behaing for you. Wishing you a happy woyww, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy St Davids Day!! I’m always up for a lovely dragon and there you are featuring two this morning!! The silver one is a lovely present and of course I adore the hares, a perfect anniversary memento - many congratulations on your 25th!!
In answer to your question on my comments, a walking foot is a chunky beast which has feed dogs underneath which, together with the feed dogs on the machine clamp the layers of fabric together as they go slowly through, it stops a lot of slippage!!
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

Neet said...

Lovely Bible Journaling.
How gorgeous are those two hares, I have hares in the caravan (ornamental of course) and that little dragon, what a lovely surprise and how thoughtful of your hubby.
Congrats on your wedding anniversary and, of course, happy St David's Day.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx
ps you do as many ATC's as you want, one for your partner and then it's up to you.

Christine said...

Gorgeous silverware, congratulations on your anniversary.
Do you put something under your page when colouring it to prevent your marks going through the paper?
have a good week
Christine #15

Helen said...

Beautiful gifts for your anniversary. Thanks for visiting. Well done on your orchids! Helen #1

Crafting With Jack said...

Great Bible art. Absolutely love those hares and tiny dragon. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Annie said...

I really love your silver gifts...esp the dragon.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the hares and the dragon BJ and the wedding video was cool on FB too. Fabulous Bible journaling as ever. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah#2

Tracy said...

Hellooo BJ 💟 Happy St David's Day to you ❤️ and Happppy Silver Wedding Anniversary to you both 🍾🥂🌷💕⭐️ I'm in loooove with your hares and wee dragon,perfect they are. Toooo all your journaling, truly beautiful .. I love stop by to see what you've been up 😍🥰🤩 Sending much love and hugs your way Tracy #13 xxxxx P.S Thank you so much for yoyr beautiful words on mine BJ 😊honestly that pen is fabulous. Here's to you feeling better soon lovely xxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Happy St David's Day and Happy anniversary... what lovely presents!
You have been busy - that scripture card really took my eye!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

Twiglet said...

Beautiful little silver gifts- especially the dragon 😀 Happy anniversary. x x Jo

Kelly said...

Good morning, BJ. Belated Silver Anniversary! My husband collects dragons and that little guy is so cute! Beautiful artwork. Creative Blessings! Kelly #16